DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Signs With Florida (Update: Page 9; finally signs)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Commits to Florida

Why wouldn't he? Looks like Barnett is still trying to swing him
If he doesn`t, it might be because of the three ring circus currently underway. How many of the kids that we`ve recruited and signed since CNS arrived have carried on such? I stand to be corrected, but none come to mind off hand. And just out of curiosity, from where are you hearing/seeing that Barnett`s in his ear?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

If he doesn`t, it might be because of the three ring circus currently underway. How many of the kids that we`ve recruited and signed since CNS arrived have carried on such? I stand to be corrected, but none come to mind off hand. And just out of curiosity, from where are you hearing/seeing that Barnett`s in his ear?
To be fair, Cece's situation, on the surface, matches Cyrus Kouandjio's...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

On either 247 or Rivals they showed where Blake had tweeted CeCe in a veiled message about coming to Bama.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I will say this. If CeCe feels like UF lied to him regarding the coaching situation, and this is what caused him to not send in his LoI, I can't say I blame him. While you don't commit to a coach, if I felt lied to it would dissuade me from committing.

If there is anything OTHER then that going on, then the circus just needs to end.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, unless something comes out otherwise though.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Commits to Florida (Update: Page 3; Still Has Not Signed)

Hopefully CeCe will get his LOi sent in soon. I believe he wants to be a Gator and that's what counts the most.

Regarding the change in defensive line coach......it seems like an upgrade to me. I realize that CeCe probably had a relationship with Coach Williams but certainly he has to understand that (unless he was somehow misled by Florida) Coach Williams is the one who made that decision and that's something that could happen in any program.

So what do you think of our new D-line coach? Upgrade over Coach Williams?

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/02/05/florida-hires-texas-defensive-line-coach-chris-rumph

Texas defensive line coach Chris Rumph has accepted the same position at Florida, according to a source.

The move reunites Rumph with new Gators coach Jim McElwain. When Alabama won the BCS title in 2011, Rumph was the Crimson Tide’s defensive line coach while McElwain was offensive coordinator.
Rumph replaces Terrell Williams, who stayed with the Gators for just over a month before returning to the NFL, this time to be defensive line coach for the Miami Dolphins. Williams had spent the past three seasons coaching the position for the Oakland Raiders.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Re: DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Commits to Florida (Update: Page 3; Still Has Not Signed)

He keeps stating "I'm a Gator!" and then talks about holding out. You either are or you are not. If he is, he needs to sign the LOI and shut up.
Amen, brother...

Otherwise he risks being dubbed an attention wh..., um, grabber...

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Hopefully CeCe will get his LOi sent in soon. I believe he wants to be a Gator and that's what counts the most.

Regarding the change in defensive line coach......it seems like an upgrade to me. I realize that CeCe probably had a relationship with Coach Williams but certainly he has to understand that (unless he was somehow misled by Florida) Coach Williams is the one who made that decision and that's something that could happen in any program.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/02/05/florida-hires-texas-defensive-line-coach-chris-rumph
I don't know anything about Williams, but I can say that I was really impressed with Rumph. I was happy to see Bo Davis come back, and our D-line was much better last year than the year before when Rumph was here.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Welcome to my world, Bazza.:pDT_alc:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.