DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Signs With Florida (Update: Page 9; finally signs)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Commits to Florida (Update: Page 3; Still Has Not Signed)

Did anyone hear Derek Tyson on Finebaum today? He acted like he knew the reason CeCe's dad wouldn't sign the LOI but wouldn't say. His comment was something like "I don't want to speculate or hint at what, but something is off here." He also said he doesn't buy Jefferson's comments about the D-line coach for two reasons: McElwain told CeCe about the change last week and he had only met Williams a few times so there isn't a close relationship there.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Commits to Florida (Update: Page 3; Still Has Not Signed)

CeCe and his parents looked elated when he announced his choice. I don't think that someone came up and said that the DL coach was leaving at that point.

I believe that Leo got a text that $uddenly changed everything. Who know$ what wa$ in that text, but it $ure $mell$ of $omething other than what they are floating out there as the real reason...........

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

There is a text floating around on Twitter, but I am SURE it HAS to be fake. Rumor, of course, so I won't post about it but if you follow me on Twitter, I retweeted it for poops and giggles. It does involve a "bagman." LOL

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I saw that. IT was funny...
There is a text floating around on Twitter, but I am SURE it HAS to be fake. Rumor, of course, so I won't post about it but if you follow me on Twitter, I retweeted it for poops and giggles. It does involve a "bagman." LOL

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

What's your Twitter monicker, Belle?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

We are now NSD +2 days, and Jefferson still hasn't submitted an LOI to Florida.

BamaFanInHamilton

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 11, 2004
Hamilton, AL USA

If he end$ up at AU or Ole Mi$$, I have to wonder if $tring$ were pulled.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

There was talk about Bryon Cowart signing the Florida and Auburn LOIs. He really didn't, but the rule about the first signed LOI being his school came up. BET pointed out that the losing school would have to file a complaint about it if they felt they were the first LOI signed.

From what has been reported, CeCe has signed the Florida LOI. He just needs a parent's signature. By those reports, isn't he bound to Florida?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

By those reports, isn't he bound to Florida?
As a practical matter, I don't think this would ever become a real dispute between schools. Whoever gets spurned would have no real way of establishing that he actually signed their LOI first, and even if they could, what is the benefit for you? Nothing good is going to come from requiring a kid to be a part of your program when he doesn't want to be there.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I thought that once it is faxed in, email/hand delievered he's bound to the school... So whenever school receives the LOI first is the one he's bound too...
There was talk about Bryon Cowart signing the Florida and Auburn LOIs. He really didn't, but the rule about the first signed LOI being his school came up. BET pointed out that the losing school would have to file a complaint about it if they felt they were the first LOI signed.

From what has been reported, CeCe has signed the Florida LOI. He just needs a parent's signature. By those reports, isn't he bound to Florida?

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

I would think that you can sign as many LOIs that you want and it only has any effect once it is received by the school. I think most sources are conflating the act of signing the paper and sending a signed LOI to the school. Without possession of a LOI, there doesn't seem to any way for a school to mount any sort of challenge.

There was a case a few years ago where a recruit (Jonathon Colon) sent a LOI to both Miami and UF. IIRC, the initial challenge was framed on who received the paperwork first. Then it changed to which one was signed first (since both schools were in possession of a signed LOI). Ultimately, Miami lost because of a technicality - they didn't mail the LOI to Colon.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

If he end$ up at AU or Ole Mi$$, I have to wonder if $tring$ were pulled.
The man's dad simply wants what's best for his son. There has been some movement on the staff and it happened on signing day. He's just trying to make the decision that's best for his son.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Looks like a same situation over at OSU with Mike Weber........ only that he signed LOIs and faxed it over, then found out Drayton was leaving.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Well it's confirmed that Chris Rumpf will be Florida's new D-Line coach. When I posted this info last night - it wasn't 100% confirmed but now it is....

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi · 33m33 minutes ago
Five-star DE @cecejeferson7 on the Chris Rumph hire: "Reunited and it feels so good! Haha" Rumph recruited Jefferson to Alabama in 2013.

Zach is a sports writer for the Gainesville Sun and has been a consistent conduit for CeCe.

There is more info here including comments from CeCe's family that they are good with Coach Rumpf and Leo even saying he's good with CeCe's Mom signing that LOi.

https://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi

=====

Regarding Coach Rumpf...this is what was included about him in the article about his hire by Florida:

It's a reasonably significant hit for the Horns, as Rumph had a successful year as a recruiter, serving as the point man with defensive tackle Du'Vonta Lampkin, defensive end Charles Omenihu, safety DeShon Elliott, and defensive end Quincy Vasser. As a result of that success, 247Sports ranked him as the No. 4 recruiter in the Big 12 and No. 24 recruiter in the country.
Sounds good to me! :)

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Well it's confirmed that Chris Rumpf will be Florida's new D-Line coach. When I posted this info last night - it wasn't 100% confirmed but now it is....

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi · 33m33 minutes ago
Five-star DE @cecejeferson7 on the Chris Rumph hire: "Reunited and it feels so good! Haha" Rumph recruited Jefferson to Alabama in 2013.

Zach is a sports writer for the Gainesville Sun and has been a consistent conduit for CeCe.

There is more info here including comments from CeCe's family that they are good with Coach Rumpf and Leo even saying he's good with CeCe's Mom signing that LOi.

https://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi

=====

Regarding Coach Rumpf...this is what was included about him in the article about his hire by Florida:

Sounds good to me! :)
So what is the hold up (or hold out) now?

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

So what is the hold up (or hold out) now?
He proabably needs a bit more attention since he didn't get enough from changing colors every single day, trolling on Twitter, etc. I mean...can you imagine the withdrawals a kid would go through from being at the center at attention every day and tons of tweets from all fan bases to just being a committed frosh and now it is on to 2016? That might be more than he can handle. That is probably the hold up at this point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.