DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Signs With Florida (Update: Page 9; finally signs)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: DE / LB CeCe Jefferson Commits to Florida

I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he signs with Auburn in the next day or two. He might even end up at Ole Miss at this rate. Either way, I hope he doesn't end up in Tuscaloosa.
The negotiation$ are ongoing..............:cool2:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Seems like a good kid to me, from my brief experience via his interview on ESPN yesterday. Sucks to see this happen on what should be HIS big day.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

better stick with UF or come to Bama.
As long as he's not going to AU or Ole Miss, I'm not worried.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The latest talking point -- and that's all they are, because no one really has a clue about what is going on -- is that Jefferson is upset that Florida DL coach Terrell Williams has left for the Miami Dolphins. That news came out officially this morning, along with the news that McElwain had hired Chris Rumph as their new DL coach (Rumph, you will recall, was the 'Bama DL coach in 2011), although there is talk that McElwain told Jefferson of this earlier in the week and before NSD.

Again, though, no one really knows. Frankly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it were nothing more than a way of being the center of attention for a while.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

I do not know all the details obviously. I do know what I see. He has certainly enjoyed the recruiting process to the fullest extent and seems to troll a different fan base on a daily basis. It just seems like there is a great deal of drama not just with the family but the proverbial nut did not fall far from the tree. So it appears he will continue to enjoy having the spotlight on him for the next little while. His father said he is not holding him back and CeCe himself seems surprised at the coaching change at UF notwithstanding reports that he was in fact informed of the fact that a change was coming.

Last edited:

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

Jefferson is upset that Florida DL coach Terrell Williams has left for the Miami Dolphins.
The same thing is happening with Roquan Smith. He announced UCLA and then didn't get around to sending in his LOI. In the meantime, news that UCLA's defensive coordinator was taking a job with the Falcons broke on social media.

Now Smith says that he has reopened his recruitment and it's between UGA, Michigan, Texas A&M and UCLA.

Smith's situation is a little different though, as it seems like he did intend to send in LOI.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I do not know all the details obviously. I do know what I see. He has certainly enjoyed the recruiting process to the fullest extent and seems to troll a different fan base on a daily basis...
That is precisely my argument above. Guy played the game as much as he could, stirred up everything as much as he could even while walking to his announcement (remember the LSU jacket from yesterday), and now all of these crazy things just start happening. The fax didn't go through, oh wait the weather is bad and I can't fax until tomorrow, well Dad doesn't want me to go, they won't sign my LOI, Florida lied to me about Williams leaving... it's really all one heck of a crazy coincidence, isn't it?

Or, could it just be the obvious? For those of you who aren't familiar with Occam's razor, Google it.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

Is he pulling the Clowney trick ?
Again, though, no one really knows. Frankly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it were nothing more than a way of being the center of attention for a while.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

The same thing is happening with Roquan Smith. He announced UCLA and then didn't get around to sending in his LOI. In the meantime, news that UCLA's defensive coordinator was taking a job with the Falcons broke on social media.

Now Smith says that he has reopened his recruitment and it's between UGA, Michigan, Texas A&M and UCLA.
I'll be shocked if it's not UGA

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I feel bad for kids.. but that's why you shouldn't committ to school because of coaches... commit to school because you feel at home, and think its a right fit for you.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Plenty of people have pointed this out on Twitter already. Look at CeCe's dad yesterday when he announced.

Doesn't look like an upset man to me. Have to wonder if he's being used a scapegoat for CeCe like Cowart's coach seemed to be yesterday.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

This is pure speculation, but I'm willing to bet that it has something to do with him not being happy with his position coach going to the NFL the day after signing day. Maybe he heard rumors of it yesterday or something.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...as-gators-dl-coach-going-to-dolphins-instead/

Terrell Williams, who was hired as the Florida Gators new defensive line coach last month, will instead take the same job with the Dolphins.

Williams will reportedly replace Kacy Rodgers, who was hired as the New York Jets defensive coordinator. Sports Illustrated first reported the hiring.

Williams, 40, was Oakland’s defensive line coach from 2012-2014.

The Gators have hired Texas defensive line coach Chris Rumph to replace Williams, according to SI.
Edit: Just noticed that BigEasyTider posted a lot of that same stuff I did.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.