Link: Is Marshawn Lynch sending kids the wrong message? Larry Foote thinks so.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I'm not a Seahawks fan, and I honestly don't care what Marshawn Lynch does.

Kids learn hypocrisy by observing their parents saying one thing and then doing another.

"Don't have sex until you're married" - from the parents who were married and had the kid (uh) prematurely at five months.....

"Don't lie to me" - from the parents who then look at who is calling on the cell phone and say, "No, I'm not talking to them right now" and then call later with the kid watching and say, "Yeah, I wasn't around when you called." This used to be as simple as "tell X I'm not here!"

You tell them to obey the law and then you speed - and then you watch a cop pull over a speeder and tell them how important it is that the law is enforced

"Don't drink until you're 21" -from the parents who then spend time with their old buddies talking about all the evil stuff they used to do, including getting a buddy to buy them beer in college when they were only 17

"Don't cheat on your exams at school, you're only short-changing yourself" - from the same parents who then boast about how the incompetent person running the register gave them $1 too much in change

And my PERSONAL favorite: "Cam Newton and a lot of those black athletes are just poor inner-city kids who was offered six figures. When you're in the city like that you don't know it's wrong."

My response? "Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting a person is dumb enough to think folks just walk through inner-city neighborhoods and fork over $200,000? The mere fact you keep your mouth shut tells you all you need to know about it being wrong."

=================

Does ANYONE seriously think that five minutes of Marshawn Lynch even compares to all the hypocrisy the kids observe firsthand?
I know this isn't what you said, so I'm just asking because I'm curious... are you suggesting that if we realize at, let's say, 35 that what we did at 15 was stupid, we should just allow our kids to make the same mistakes to avoid being a hypocrite? Or are you saying we shouldn't brag to our kids about the stupid things we did at their age?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.