DE Byron Cowart Signs With Auburn (Update: Page 8)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: Byron Cowart note

Man ... if this trend continues, Florida will officially have one of the lowest ranked signing classes in history of the school. Folks down in Gaineville cannot be happy about this.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Yeah - I ain't sold on freshmen starting on the d line from game one and being dominant. That hasn't happened often. Lawson and Adams, having experience, will be strong (barring injuries & CL returning from his); linebackers, well, look who they got as coach, plus I think most from last year are returning (again, not sold on freshmen starting and making huge impact - Derrick Thomas made a ton of mistakes in his freshmen year) and that was not an impressive group.
Remember, I said being dominant and making a huge impact, not just starting. Face it, barn defense couldn't be much worse than the last two years so any improvement will look impressive. Bama's D, while good the last two, needs to improve (and will) but I don't know how much of a contribution the freshmen on that side will make.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Yeah Auburn just got 4* LB Jeffrey Holland. No one should act like they don't have talent.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

They've recruited very well for several years. Base off recruiting rankings over the last 5 they are probably in the top 5 of recruiting. Talent hasn't been the issue for them.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

They've recruited very well for several years. Base off recruiting rankings over the last 5 they are probably in the top 5 of recruiting. Talent hasn't been the issue for them.
...and yet they still can't put together back to back 10-win season and have largely been mediocre besides '10 & '13.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I'm thinking they are working on a putting together a pretty stout front 7. Which is all they need for the offense that they run. Good to see them doing what they need to do to try to keep up with us ;) key word is try lol

But all jokes aside, solid picks for them. If the get Jefferson, they will have a really solid class ... top 5 even.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.