DE Byron Cowart Signs With Auburn (Update: Page 8)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Byron Cowart note

Just utter nonsense taking place here. In sum and substance, "I might sign both LOIs, I signed with Auburn, I don't know what happened I signed with Auburn and left my LOI with my coach and I don't know why he didn't fax it, oh wait I didn't actually sign I just committed, I really signed both LOIs...". Absurd.

I'll say with Cowart the same thing I've seen saying for ages with Jefferson: Unless he gets his mind right and starts focusing on the right things, it's really not going to matter all of that much who he signs with. Cowart has made a farce of the recruiting process, and he seems intent on continuing to do that even after "committing" on National Signing Day.

Auburn has put together a fine class with or without Cowart, but things like this are just really off-putting, regardless of how they turn out.

Last edited:

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL

I must confess, especially since we have no dog in this, that I am enjoying every minute of the squirming. Even if he ends up there ultimately, this has been most enjoyable.

:biggrin2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Another thing - there's talk that Cowart signed a LOI for Auburn and Florida. Technically, he has to attend the school of the first LOI he signed.

@mitchsherman Byron Cowart is still undecided, @jeremycrabtree reports. Wow, the No. 1 prospect picked Auburn this morning but now wavering. #SigningDay

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Technically, he has to attend the school of the first LOI he signed.
Technically true, but only he needs which LOI he signed first. So... as a practical matter, he can go wherever he wants.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

I am confused. Why would you not take control of your own life and fax it an call the school and confirm they have it. How would this kid respond to CNS I wonder. He sounds like a perfect for either UF or Aubarn.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I am confused. Why would you not take control of your own life and fax it an call the school and confirm they have it. How would this kid respond to CNS I wonder. He sounds like a perfect for either UF or Aubarn.
After the Cyrus Kouandjio melodrama, we aren't in any position to criticize on the matter.

Of course, that doesn't make any of it right...

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Another thing - there's talk that Cowart signed a LOI for Auburn and Florida. Technically, he has to attend the school of the first LOI he signed.

@mitchsherman Byron Cowart is still undecided, @jeremycrabtree reports. Wow, the No. 1 prospect picked Auburn this morning but now wavering. #SigningDay
maybe he found out CeCe going UF....

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Would love to see Cowart back out on the Barn and sign w/ FLA. It would be an epic meltdown on the plains.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.