DE Byron Cowart Signs With Auburn (Update: Page 8)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Re: Byron Cowart note

Another thing - there's talk that Cowart signed a LOI for Auburn and Florida. Technically, he has to attend the school of the first LOI he signed.

@mitchsherman Byron Cowart is still undecided, @jeremycrabtree reports. Wow, the No. 1 prospect picked Auburn this morning but now wavering. #SigningDay
Report that Cowart shot that one down.

Cowart to @rivalsmike: "I never signed (UF's LOI), I only signed Auburn's..." More on Cowart from @rivalsmike ... ($) http://t.co/5qDr0FBmDs

I'm also hearing his HS coach may be a little unhinged. :eek:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So folks are upset at his high school coach for pushing Florida, but now Cowart tells Farrell:

@rivalsmike Cowart says he's going to "get it done" and was waiting to see what CeCe Jefferson was going to do before faxing, but was all #Auburn anyhow

@rivalsmike "I'm going to Auburn regardless" -- text just now from Cowart. #WarEagle #Gators

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

So folks are upset at his high school coach for pushing Florida, but now Cowart tells Farrell:

@rivalsmike Cowart says he's going to "get it done" and was waiting to see what CeCe Jefferson was going to do before faxing, but was all #Auburn anyhow

@rivalsmike "I'm going to Auburn regardless" -- text just now from Cowart. #WarEagle #Gators
Going to be a little surprised if it`s not the barn for Jefferson.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Sounds to me like he and Jefferson are just playing around and having fun with everyone, but we'll see shortly enough I suppose.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

This leads me to believe CCJ is going to the lizards - they might have waited to do it together at the barn, or with the lizards if both were going together. Although he might be going to Bama, reason why BC went ahead. I think this might be the breakup #sayingalittleprayer

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Byron Cowarts twitter has been deactivated.... according to Mike Farrell
And other folks have said that account has been deactivated for days.

Here's a little update

Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell has been in contact with Cowart since his announcement and has reported the following:

"He just texted me and said he never signed the Florida letter," Farrell reported.

Farrell says Cowart's text read: Florida should not get a letter, I never signed theirs, I only signed Auburn's. So I think he might try to fax both and get me in trouble but I never signed Florida's.

"(Cowart) is talking about his coach when he says 'he'," Farrell said. "However, Byron did say he told his coach to wait to fax his Auburn letter. Waiting to hear if he has a reason for that."

Farrell added Cowart "said he was waiting to see where CeCe Jefferson went, but either way he was going to "go with his heart". Now that he's getting hammered on ESPN and other places he said, "I'm going to get it done".

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: DE Byron Cowart Commits to Auburn, But Has Not Yet Signed LOI

I bet Cowart will chang ehis mind and go to Florida.
Wouldn't surprise me. Of course, it really wouldn't surprise me all that much if Jefferson changed his mind and ended up at Auburn with Cowart.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Re: DE Byron Cowart Commits to Auburn, But Has Not Yet Signed LOI

5 - Star Defensive Lineman who have signed/committed to UF or AU in the last 5 years:

Dante Fowler Jr.
Jonathan Bullard
Montravius Adams
Carl Lawson
Gerald Willis III
Thomas Holley
Byron Cowart
Elijah Daniel
CeCe Jefferson

10 combined recruiting cycles and only 1 SEC Title to show for it.

So...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.