Now we know why Fournette went to LSU

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Seems like "Leonard" and "Lanard" could be pronounced virtually the same, so perhaps they'll sneak it by the NCAA as one scholarship... at least given the intelligence the NCAA has exhibited over the past few years.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Apparently Saban offered also:
ESPN
Nothing is surprising about a guy deciding to stay instate.
We went after Leonard. We were not the least bit interested in Lanard this year. Might have been a possibility last year when Leonard was deciding but I haven't heard anything on us recruiting Lanard this year at all.

RTR251

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2011
Mobile, Al
In today's recruiting, no, there's really not. We offer maybe 50 - 60 kids every year, but most of them don't get committable offers.
Yeah there is a difference and the main point I am trying to make is that this kid wouldn't of gotten a non-committable offer or any interest from Saban if Leonard wasn't his brother.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Yeah there is a difference and the main point I am trying to make is that this kid wouldn't of gotten a non-committable offer or any interest from Saban if Leonard wasn't his brother.
That may be true, but I doubt we would have ever signed him. That is the real huge difference. We lost Keenan Allen in 2010 because we would not sign his brother. Cal did, and he flipped.

In today's recruiting, an offer is no more than an interview. We look at hundreds of guys any given year, extend offers to 50-60 (maybe more) which give them a closer look, and we sign 25 +/-. Extending an offer and giving a scholarship are absolutely 2 different things.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Just because a kid says a school has offered doesn't necessarily mean it's true either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.