Better Call Saul

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Missed this week . . Recorder on the fritz. Will have to catch next Monday. :frown:

No talk from fans here . . . Wondering if it was a not-so-good episode.

Naah. :)

Every episode of this show is fantastic...that's a given.

That said....any episode with Kim Wexler in it.....dials it up a notch!.:p

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Bazza, we need to find you a good woman. I would like to help but all the singles ones I know are crazy and I wouldn't do that to you.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Bazza, we need to find you a good woman. I would like to help but all the singles ones I know are crazy and I wouldn't do that to you.

Ha ha....no worries Great Hope - summer season is almost here and this place gets LOADED with babes!

I don't mind crazy, BTW...especially if she has a Bama accent! :)

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Loved the flashback to Jimmy's childhood.

Jimmy flames out at Davis and Main . . No surprise.

Is Kim really not taking the gig at S&C? Have a feeling that she does go to S&C, which sends Jimmy further down the road to becoming Saul.

Mike E's good-guy, take care of Stacey, inclinations are gonna cost him lots more than dollars, methinks.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Is Kim really not taking the gig at S&C? Have a feeling that she does go to S&C, which sends Jimmy further down the road to becoming Saul.
Hard to say, but I will say her proposition of them each having a separate practice under one roof really seemed to take the wind out of his sails - she's essentially saying 'you're right, it's time to be my own boss, but I can't risk my career by working with you...'

Watching him change his VM message, you could see it in his eyes, his actions. He's *this* close to becoming Saul.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
This episode almost feels like a "Breaking Bad." That is good in a way . . .

Still feels like its own show, though. Even better for the long run. This is high-quality television. So many things for these great writers to explore and they are doing a great job of building the characters to do so.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
This episode almost feels like a "Breaking Bad." That is good in a way . . .

Still feels like its own show, though. Even better for the long run. This is high-quality television. So many things for these great writers to explore and they are doing a great job of building the characters to do so.
This is the way a TV show should be written. Writers from TWD should be taking notes.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
A friend said it best - Breaking Bad was genius, but they were learning on the fly. Better Call Saul seems like a more mature approach - the writing is more steady. Both are brilliant shows, but it feels like Vince Gilligan is hitting his stride...

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
A friend said it best - Breaking Bad was genius, but they were learning on the fly. Better Call Saul seems like a more mature approach - the writing is more steady. Both are brilliant shows, but it feels like Vince Gilligan is hitting his stride...
Also, have you ever noticed that a 1-hour episode of BCS seems to go by in about 20 minutes? Gilligan really knows how to pace a show. BB was the same way.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Last night's episode was the best so far, IMHO.

So full of win.

How awesome is Kim Wexler? She dressed down Chuck at just the right moment. That was just perfect. Then when they get in the car she repeatedly punches Jimmy in his arm...repeatedly! My kinda woman...lol!

Rupert Holmes...ha ha.....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Last night's episode was the best so far, IMHO.

So full of win.

How awesome is Kim Wexler? She dressed down Chuck at just the right moment. That was just perfect. Then when they get in the car she repeatedly punches Jimmy in his arm...repeatedly! My kinda woman...lol!

Rupert Holmes...ha ha.....
I think it's the best-written show I've ever seen.

Jimmy's set up of Chuck was absolutely brilliant. And Kim's monologue was amazing, despite her knowing what happened.

The ending was intense...

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
What happens to Chuck as he whacks his head at the copy shop?

Can't figure where the Mike/Hector thing is leading. At least we know the use for the hose with nails . . . Less violent than I thought. :smile:

This is great television.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What happens to Chuck as he whacks his head at the copy shop?
Not sure what you're asking.

Can't figure where the Mike/Hector thing is leading. At least we know the use for the hose with nails . . . Less violent than I thought. :smile:
I suspect Mike will be the reason we see Hector in a wheelchair eventually.

This is great television.
Absolutely!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
^^^
Thought I saw Chuck smack his head on a counter when he went down at the copy/print shop. I could be wrong . . Wouldn't even be the first time this hour. :smile:
He did, they showed it quote clearly, I wasn't sure what you were asking about it though.

Really puts jimmy in a bad place - he wants to go take care of Chuck but how on earth could he explain his presence?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.