Game Thread: Mizzou vs. Alabama (SEC Network)

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Ummm..... I think guys are being passive on offense... Seems like they're waiting for someone to take charge....
Which team haha both look scared to score.

HendersonKYTide

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2006
Honestly a pretty good job against a very good coach that does not have much talent. I played d 2 ball and missouri os well coached. We just had more talent. Maybe we can get 7 out of 10 and move on. Roll Tide.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Just got home and watched it.. Hale and Retin looked good.. Awesome to see. Also at the end of half I almost spoiled myself by getting on here and wanting to comment but why doesn't Grant call an immediate TO after that rebound which would of left 4 or 5 seconds left. Instead of Randolph looking at the clock at 2 ticks and chunking it. Or is that just making too much sense?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
This was a bad team. Don't get all hyped up because we beat a team that has won 1 league game. The only reason Retin hasn't done better is you can't look good when you don't play. Hale is finally coming out of the funk he has been in for almost the entire year.

We have some teams we should beat left on the schedule, but we have some tough ones left as well. We still have a along way to go yet. I think the bar for CAG has been set at just getting into the tourney, but it should be higher than that. It should be not just getting in, but winning a few if we were to get there.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
This was a bad team. Don't get all hyped up because we beat a team that has won 1 league game. The only reason Retin hasn't done better is you can't look good when you don't play. Hale is finally coming out of the funk he has been in for almost the entire year.

We have some teams we should beat left on the schedule, but we have some tough ones left as well. We still have a along way to go yet. I think the bar for CAG has been set at just getting into the tourney, but it should be higher than that. It should be not just getting in, but winning a few if we were to get there.
I don't think there's any need to worry about that happening.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Has anyone even look at SEC Team records in conference? Very similar to rest of the team.. except for Kentucky.....
There are a lot of teams that are within a few games of each other, but the difference is how they've done it.

For example, we are now 14-8, which is respectable, except that we've now lost 5 of our last 7, and those include with losses to a weak Gators squad at home, and a bad USCe team.

A&M is only a game ahead of us, but they have won 6 of their last 7, and their loss prior to the streak was an OT game against UK where they were short one of their best scorers.

Ole Miss is also just a game ahead of us, but they've also won 5 of their last 6.

LSU has won 5 of their last 7.

Even UGA has won 5 of their last 7, albeit they've now lost 2 in a row.

The good news is everyone aside from UK and Arkansas are still within striking distance, the bad news is there are several teams trending upward, and we are not one of them. We will need a huge turnaround over the last month to save our season.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
There are a lot of teams that are within a few games of each other, but the difference is how they've done it.

For example, we are now 14-8, which is respectable, except that we've now lost 5 of our last 7, and those include with losses to a weak Gators squad at home, and a bad USCe team.

A&M is only a game ahead of us, but they have won 6 of their last 7, and their loss prior to the streak was an OT game against UK where they were short one of their best scorers.

Ole Miss is also just a game ahead of us, but they've also won 5 of their last 6.

LSU has won 5 of their last 7.

Even UGA has won 5 of their last 7, albeit they've now lost 2 in a row.

The good news is everyone aside from UK and Arkansas are still within striking distance, the bad news is there are several teams trending upward, and we are not one of them. We will need a huge turnaround over the last month to save our season.
Both A&M and OM are 6-3, 2 games ahead of us. LSU is 5-3, but play AU tonight at home. They should go up 2 games tonight. But, I agree that they all have been trending upward. The schedule doesn't get any easier for us. Even that game @ VU will be tough as they beat UF recently.

Last edited:

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Great win last night over a terrible Mizzou team. Sometimes, you need just that and it was perfect for Bama. I too was glad to see Shannon Hale have maybe his best game of the year, way to go dude!!! Hopefully the team gained some confidence back. This next LSU game is huge!!!! Need 6-7 more wins to be in the discussion.....

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Some of this trending by other teams can be attributed to the schedules. Bama just may not be able to get over the USC road loss and the UF home loss. Still a number of games to be played.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We lost 4 by 1 or 2 pts -- flip those games -- we are 18-4 -- or even if we flip 2 of those we are 16-6 and life is great.

I think they are underachieving -- BUT -- they do have the ability to make a run and win the next 8..... and there is a VERY tiny part of me that says, if they beat LSU this Saturday - they might do just that.

Something makes me think we upset the Tigers.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.