NBC’s Brian Williams recants Iraq story after soldiers protest

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
One of my friends on FB posted: "At first I was thinking I had been on the Hindenburg, but then I remembered that I had just owned the Led Zeppelin I album."

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Wow. He's toast.
As a member of the Left Wing, he'll get a pass. Hillary's tale about landing in Bosnia under sniper fire didn't seem ro slow down the steamroller.

Credibility and integrity mean very little If you're part of the Left Wing Establishment, where lying is a virtue.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Now, it appears he was less than forthcoming with his "apology." He claimed he spent two "harrowing days" riding out a sandstorm when it's alleged he landed, then jumped immediately on another helicopter back to Kuwait.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
The only way he's toast is if the ratings for the NBC Nightly News goes down. Considering how many sheeple will completely disregard this, I doubt they take much of a hit. He may just get moved to MSNBC with the likes of Shakedown Sharpton. If he's gonna make up stuff and lie, then those are the folks he belongs with anyway.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If I had my druthers it would be a requirement for every reporter to spend at least a month on the front lines and under fire - before being allowed to report on any armed forces news.

I still maintain the media is America's worst enemy.

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
If he had any credibility to begin with, it's gone now. How do some people live with themselves? Just flat out lying....on national television....about our military!

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I saw the original story last Friday(?) and saw the retraction last night. It left me shaking my head. Decided that I will now switch to the ABC news instead of NBC. (before anyone tells me they are all the same, hold your breath)

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Now, it appears he was less than forthcoming with his "apology." He claimed he spent two "harrowing days" riding out a sandstorm when it's alleged he landed, then jumped immediately on another helicopter back to Kuwait.
By the end of today, it will probably be revealed that he wasn't actually on a helicopter, but instead had just watched Black Hawk Down.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I saw the original story last Friday(?) and saw the retraction last night. It left me shaking my head. Decided that I will now switch to the ABC news instead of NBC. (before anyone tells me they are all the same, hold your breath)
Back in the day (Tom Brokaw era), I thought NBC had some measure of non-bias in their reporting. The current administration has clearly restricted access to those outlets that do not report the "news" as they see fit, so the liberal bias has taken on a natural evolution of sorts with the Big Three. Of all the NBC talking heads in the current lineup, I've though Williams was one of the more credible (and I've really only seen bits and pieces of Chuck Todd to compare him to).

We aren't in the era of Cronkite and Brinkley any more. The profession has become a caricature of itself.

I'll be surprised if NBC does anything.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.