So, For Those In The Know, Top OT Targets For `16 ?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Well, then, I`d have a tent pitched in NO. Wonder how BET feels about him early on? That`s right in his backyard.
I expect Allen to be an Alabama v. LSU battle. LSU offered him first last February, but he came to Tuscaloosa later last summer, camped, and earned an offer there. He's close with Cam Robison, which helps, and although LSU figures to be tough to beat, Allen has been pretty openly smitten with Alabama for quite some time now. Way too early to call this one one way or the other, obviously, but at the very least 'Bama is going to be right there at the end, and based on the early returns it would be no surprise if he ended up at 'Bama.

Quite frankly, figure the general course for LSU will play a big role. If they rebound then they'll be a much tougher out, but if their recent sideways-skid continues, they are going to have some serious problems keeping him away from us (and others).

Will also add that I'm normally skeptical of John Curtis prospects, but Allen has me convinced otherwise. Pure LT frame, very good footwork and bend, and he seems like a smart, mature kid too. Would love to have him in Tuscaloosa.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I expect Allen to be an Alabama v. LSU battle. LSU offered him first last February, but he came to Tuscaloosa later last summer, camped, and earned an offer there. He's close with Cam Robison, which helps, and although LSU figures to be tough to beat, Allen has been pretty openly smitten with Alabama for quite some time now. Way too early to call this one one way or the other, obviously, but at the very least 'Bama is going to be right there at the end, and based on the early returns it would be no surprise if he ended up at 'Bama.

Quite frankly, figure the general course for LSU will play a big role. If they rebound then they'll be a much tougher out, but if their recent sideways-skid continues, they are going to have some serious problems keeping him away from us (and others).

Will also add that I'm normally skeptical of John Curtis prospects, but Allen has me convinced otherwise. Pure LT frame, very good footwork and bend, and he seems like a smart, mature kid too. Would love to have him in Tuscaloosa.
Thank you sir. Sounds encouraging.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Based on what happened this year, I wonder if we'll have 2 or 3 commitables extended to the nations best OTs just to assure that a good prospect doesn't fall away because of the pecking order thing.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Does John Curtis still run the split back veer? If so, I'm wondering how polished is his pass blocking?

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
We just offered this kid today. Looks like we're opening up the net nationwide for this class to get the tackle we need. Just looking at the film, I like this kid a LOT. Other than working on getting his hands inside, and maybe adding a couple of pounds, he's good to go.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1688531/highlights/220473403/v2
Is there such a thing as too much of a nasty streak? He's pummeling guys well after the whistle, whether they're still facing him or not.
He definitely looks impressive on that tape, though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.