Link: Les Miles Unhappy If Louisana Kids Leave The State To Play Somewhere Else

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
We have come in and taken very good players out of LA. If LSU or another school came in and took this type talent out of our state I would be PO'd. Shows you Saban still has great ties in LA.

Eddie Lacy
Kenny Bell
Luthur Davis
Landon Collins
Denzell Devall
Cam Robinson
Cam Sims
Hootie Jones

Daylon Charlot
looking forward to all 3 contributing next season!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Les Miles?

Should I assume he's in the news because of dumb play-calling in the Super Bowl?

This, after all, IS the same man who told his QB to spike the ball with one second left and blew the 2009 Ole Miss game.....the same coach who bungled a play call from the one-yard line in the 2010 Tennessee game and lost it - only to get bailed out by Tennessee having 13 men on the field

/rant over

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Les Miles?

Should I assume he's in the news because of dumb play-calling in the Super Bowl?

This, after all, IS the same man who told his QB to spike the ball with one second left and blew the 2009 Ole Miss game.....the same coach who bungled a play call from the one-yard line in the 2010 Tennessee game and lost it - only to get bailed out by Tennessee having 13 men on the field

/rant over
Tennessee only had 13 men on the field? I thought it was 14 or 15

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Les Miles is really fortunate that he has no in state rival to split the talent with. He really gets 90% of the kids he wants. He should be quiet.

bama backer

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2006
Citrus Springs, Fla
THIS "Coach Miles can solve that problem himself. If he can rebuild his program to a high level then the kids won't want to leave the Louisiana. LSU has been on the decline the past couple of years. Coach Miles only has himself to blame." PA Tide Fan Roll Tide Roll :BigA: Also: Why would recruits go "where dreams go to die."

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And the Baton Rouge take...

Miles can be excused for blowing off a bit of steam at the end of what has to be a taut and exhausting recruiting season. Unless you’ve been a college coach, I don’t think any of us can truly appreciate what it’s like to have your career depend on the whims of what 17- and 18-year-olds decide to do, people who have been known to pick schools based on a dream or a song or a soft-serve ice cream machine.

As a reporter, someone for whom quotes are currency, I hope Miles is always the style of man (to use another Miles-ism) who gives interesting quotes.

But when he draws his sharp words, he needs to aim them a little more carefully.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm confused, what coach is happy when a local guy gets away?:conf3: Not sure of the point of this thread.:confused:
The point isn't that he's unhappy instate kids are getting away. Of course, he should be unhappy about that. The point, and IMO it is an important one, is that he just said "To Hell with" anyone instate that chooses to leave. How many of those future players are really going to be on the fence about leaving and this quote is going to be used by every rival coach against Miles? It will happen, and it will be effective.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...recruits-from-louisiana--video-140518967.html

LSU football and the state of Louisiana is slowly turning into a cult or have they always been??

I get a feeling that most of his frustration is towards Alabama. :biggrin:
So, it's okay for him to go into East Texas and in Florida and other states to steal athletes, but it's not okay for Bama to offer a Louisiana recruit a better place to learn and grow to be the best they can be? Somebody has to bring them outta the bayou so that they will learn to speak appropriately.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Miles is a nut case. A like-able one for sure, but a nut case none the less. It's just not appropriate for a major college head coach to publicly say what he said.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Miles is a nut case. A like-able one for sure, but a nut case none the less. It's just not appropriate for a major college head coach to publicly say what he said.
I know our Bama fan base is split with our feelings about Leslie Miles. I personally don't care for his demeanor in public, he might be a good guy behind close doors, who knows. but I think he's a clown, period.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.