Link: Les Miles Unhappy If Louisana Kids Leave The State To Play Somewhere Else

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Is Miles going to stop recruiting from OTHER states then?

Because there's only so many scholarships to go around.

I'm just saying.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Yet oddly enough he has no problem when kids leave Texas, Florida, and Georgia to come play at LSU. Funny how that works.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Eh. He's talking to a bunch of boosters and telling them what they want to hear.

He signs ~70% of the top 10 talent in the state each year, so he's not losing a ton of guys.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Then he needs to stay out of other states. Only 13 of his 25 recruits were from Louisiana. Players not offered should tell him to go where to go.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Coach Miles can solve that problem himself. If he can rebuild his program to a high level then the kids won't want to leave the Louisiana. LSU has been on the decline the past couple of years. Coach Miles only has himself to blame.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
What he said may have been in front of a group of LSU supporters, but it was uncalled for. A head coach of any University should choose his words more carefully. I'm very thankful we are represented by a class act.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Coach Miles can solve that problem himself. If he can rebuild his program to a high level then the kids won't want to leave the Louisiana. LSU has been on the decline the past couple of years. Coach Miles only has himself to blame.
Actually, this has more to do with Coach Saban than Coach Miles, IMO. When Alabama beat LSU in the BCSCG, the program was turned upside down. An LSU team that was amazingly good got embarrassed, and they have not been the same. They had two huge groups of juniors leave early after that. This is the first year in which they didn't lose their core at the end of a season since 2011. Let's see how they do this season.

Miles is a very, very good coach and recruiter. The only thing standing in his way in the SEC is Nick Saban.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Actually, this has more to do with Coach Saban than Coach Miles, IMO. When Alabama beat LSU in the BCSCG, the program was turned upside down. An LSU team that was amazingly good got embarrassed, and they have not been the same. They had two huge groups of juniors leave early after that. This is the first year in which they didn't lose their core at the end of a season since 2011. Let's see how they do this season.

Miles is a very, very good coach and recruiter. The only thing standing in his way in the SEC is Nick Saban.
agreed. that's why I thought his speech was indirectly pointed towards Alabama and Nick Saban in particular.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Same goes for Texas..I've never seen a football program drop as hard & fast as Texas did after we beat them in the NC Game..Beating Texas like we did is still the best feeling I ever had after any win..Cause the arrogance we put up with from Texas fans stopped after that game & they still haven't recovered from us beating them..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
LOL, let's see how that affects his recruiting going forward. He just gave every coach excellent material to use against him in recruiting.

Look, I'm not naive. LSU is going to get really good players every year. But I don't see this helping him in the future.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
LOL, let's see how that affects his recruiting going forward. He just gave every coach excellent material to use against him in recruiting.

Look, I'm not naive. LSU is going to get really good players every year. But I don't see this helping him in the future.
Yeah the mommas and daddys are listening. If that is how he feels then if I am a parent I am just that more inclined to truly encourage my son to choose the direction that is best for him. He has publicly stated he is only really interested in what is best for him which is for all the top players to stay in state and play for LSU regardless.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Yeah the mommas and daddys are listening. If that is how he feels then if I am a parent I am just that more inclined to truly encourage my son to choose the direction that is best for him. He has publicly stated he is only really interested in what is best for him which is for all the top players to stay in state and play for LSU regardless.
exactly.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We have come in and taken very good players out of LA. If LSU or another school came in and took this type talent out of our state I would be PO'd. Shows you Saban still has great ties in LA.

Eddie Lacy
Kenny Bell
Luthur Davis
Landon Collins
Denzell Devall
Cam Robinson
Cam Sims
Hootie Jones
Daylon Charlot

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.