Stoops reinstates Joe Mixon

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Video of OU football player Joe Mixon punching a woman must be released, State Supreme Court rules

The Oklahoma Supreme Court has ruled that the video recording of University of Oklahoma football player Joe Mixon punching a woman in a Norman restaurant must be released for public viewing.

The state's highest court issued the ruling Tuesday in a case brought by the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters against the city of Norman, the Norman Police Department and the Cleveland County District Attorney.

It's unclear, however, if the video will be immediately released. One Norman city official said an appeal for a re-hearing of the ruling remains possible, which could delay release of the video until at least January 2017.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
A civil suit would be worth much more if he gets an NFL job. Win Win for both parties or should I say all 3 or four parties.
Most know how this works.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Originally it was an OK media outlet...probably the Daily Oklahoman or the Tulsa World. I have no idea why she would now file to legally stop it from being made public. She has a civil suit pending so maybe her legal counsel is behind it relaying to the suit.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Originally it was an OK media outlet...probably the Daily Oklahoman or the Tulsa World. I have no idea why she would now file to legally stop it from being made public. She has a civil suit pending so maybe her legal counsel is behind it relaying to the suit.
Maybe she decided releasing the tape might prevent him from getting a big NFL paycheck, which would mess up her plans to clear a bunch of money for herself down the road via a civil lawsuit.

It seems a pretty coldblooded calculation, but then I wonder if Stoops saw the reportedly shocking video, and decided to use his clout with local authorities to keep it from public view because it would make both Mixon and Stoops look like dogs. Now that would really be disgusting, but it looks more and more likely that's what is going on.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Maybe she decided releasing the tape might prevent him from getting a big NFL paycheck, which would mess up her plans to clear a bunch of money for herself down the road via a civil lawsuit.

It seems a pretty coldblooded calculation, but then I wonder if Stoops saw the reportedly shocking video, and decided to use his clout with local authorities to keep it from public view because it would make both Mixon and Stoops look like dogs. Now that would really be disgusting, but it looks more and more likely that's what is going on.
Trust me, the NFL will see that video no matter if it's released or not...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.