Stoops reinstates Joe Mixon

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
She is guilty of battery, but it is hard for me to see what he did as self defense. He could have pushed her away and kept on walking. They were both wrong, IMO.

She is guilty of battery, but it is hard for me to see what he did as self defense. He could have pushed her away and kept on walking. They were both wrong, IMO.
He should have kept walking but she pushed and struck him before he did anything to him. I'm anxious to see what our resident lawyer/birthday boy has to say about this one. I think he went over the line but so did she.

[emoji208]Sent from my iPhone [emoji336]using Tapatalk Pro

RWTT11

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2016
Indian Trail, NC
I can tell you one thing. If that was my daughter, Joe Mixon wouldn't be able to play football again. Not one guy did a single thing after he hit her. Boy has the world changed since my teenage years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He should have kept walking but she pushed and struck him before he did anything to him. I'm anxious to see what our resident lawyer/birthday boy has to say about this one. I think he went over the line but so did she.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He absolutely laid her out...if this was the NFL, he'd be in purgatory like Ray Rice. Who am I kidding...Ray Rice was already on his decline and that is the only reason he's not playing right now. Not worth the PR hit for a guy who is a sub-4.0 ypc runner.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Well as much as I hate to say it I hope OU doenst win their bowl game. The public outcry will be more than Stoops can handle. I cant understand how the defense kept the video hidden for over a year. Now just wait for him to be linked to a NFL team. This boy needs to get a college degree and a real job. And Stoops needs to be fired for keeping him on the team. You can rehab stupid, what this boy has you can rehab.

Last edited:

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Being the much stronger, Mixon might have got away with like for like, but he was never in danger. He should have got jail time.

Wonder what he said to her?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

IMO, they both should have been charged. She was the aggressor and landed the first blow, puny as it might have been. However, as I've said in the other thread, that kind of retaliation will always get you charged, usually a more serious charge even than the instigator. That said, this thread really belongs in NS, along with his sister thread about Johnson. Nothing tying it to football except one of the participants happened to play football. It was of some interest here because of Stoops action. Now that that's burned out and it's down to the law of self defense, it's not really football-centric any more...

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
I can tell you one thing. If that was my daughter, Joe Mixon wouldn't be able to play football again. Not one guy did a single thing after he hit her. Boy has the world changed since my teenage years.
I did notice the people working behind the counter kept on working as if nothing happened. You would have thought one of them would have been calling 911.

IMO, they both should have been charged. She was the aggressor and landed the first blow, puny as it might have been. However, as I've said in the other thread, that kind of retaliation will always get you charged, usually a more serious charge even than the instigator. That said, this thread really belongs in NS, along with his sister thread about Johnson. Nothing tying it to football except one of the participants happened to play football. It was of some interest here because of Stoops action. Now that that's burned out and it's down to the law of self defense, it's not really football-centric any more...
Thank you sir. Nice seeing it from the law perspective. And I agree, it now needs to be on NS.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Is the young woman okay after that hit?

Even if she is, Mr. Mixon is about to learn how dim a view the NFL takes of this stuff (if it is on camera).

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The fact that Stoops kept him on the team means I no longer have ANY respect for him. I've heard the video wan't good, but seeing it, that punk needs to be gone. Allowing him to stay at OU says all I need to know about Stoops and the AD there.

Absolutely disgusting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.