Rece Davis replacing Chris Fowler on College Gameday

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I liked Fowler, but I also like Rece. I like Corso. I always liked to see him pick the other team vs Alabama. It just made me feel more confident that Bama would win! The helmet or team mascot on his head was great. BUT, it's time for Corso to go also. There is a time and a place for everything! Corso gives no real analysis. It pains me sometimes to listen to him when you know he is having a tough time speaking fluently.

So, it's time to go out and find a comedian type coach who has been fired from the East Coast to the West Coast! Now, who could that be? No!! Not Mack Brown! I'm still thinking. Is Corso going to be there until they bury him?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Didn't go far enough. Need to pink slop Palmer and Musburger or at least put both of them calling ACC games only.

I would praise them for keeping those two, if only they would FIRE that FSU HOMER! Yes! That's Danny Boy K.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Amen! Rece is the modern day young Al Michaels. He's very intelligent, knows the college game well, good looking, not pompous, and thinks on his feet very well. IMO, he's the best man ESPN has. I'd like him no matter where he went to school.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Amen! Rece is the modern day young Al Michaels. He's very intelligent, knows the college game well, good looking, not pompous, and thinks on his feet very well. IMO, he's the best man ESPN has. I'd like him no matter where he went to school.
Yeah, but it helps that he's a Reese Phifer alum.

And, he's from the Shoals... double good! :)

Looking forward to the change, though there is a tinge of "Don't mess with my show."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I liked Fowler, but I also like Rece. I like Corso. I always liked to see him pick the other team vs Alabama. It just made me feel more confident that Bama would win! The helmet or team mascot on his head was great. BUT, it's time for Corso to go also. There is a time and a place for everything! Corso gives no real analysis. It pains me sometimes to listen to him when you know he is having a tough time speaking fluently.

So, it's time to go out and find a comedian type coach who has been fired from the East Coast to the West Coast! Now, who could that be? No!! Not Mack Brown! I'm still thinking. Is Corso going to be there until they bury him?
Corso had said he was going to retire either nest year or this - unless he's reversed himself...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had an exchange with Rece right after ESPN hired him. He was the sportscaster at a station somewhere in the upper Midwest. I commented that he must be making the big bucks now in Connecticut. He laughed and said that, no, what they liked to do was to reach down and pick up young guys like him because they didn't have to pay him much. I'd bet that's no longer the case for him...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, but it helps that he's a Reese Phifer alum.

And, he's from the Shoals... double good! :)

Looking forward to the change, though there is a tinge of "Don't mess with my show."
Yeah they like to claim him in Guin too since he went school there through the 5th grade I believe.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I like Rece and am happy that he got the position that he wanted, but I would have enjoyed seeing him go to another network and make a positive change. I grow tired of ESPN and wish that they had a strong competitor in the college football market.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I like Rece and am happy that he got the position that he wanted, but I would have enjoyed seeing him go to another network and make a positive change. I grow tired of ESPN and wish that they had a strong competitor in the college football market.
I agree with this and selfishly would like to see him at some point takeover the SEC on CBS lead position.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
1. Reece is not ashamed to say he's from Alabama & that hid dad who passed last year was one of the biggest fan.

he is just honest & not phony.

im really liking all the guys on the SEC network you got 3 that played for CNS..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Rece was on Joxs this morning. Good interview by the Morning Drive team.

College game day is in very good hands going forward.

One question they asked was about how Rece saw his role..."Are you like a moderator?"

Rece was quick to say that Chris did offer his opinion from time to time, but I see Rece as one who may be a little more outspoken in that role...more so than Chris was...and I look forward to that.

He'll do a great job!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.