Rece Davis replacing Chris Fowler on College Gameday

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Fowler may not appreciate being forced out of his long time gig and Davis may see some backlash from the reports suggesting this was ESPNs way of retaining Davis.

That said, I enjoy both these guys but I'm happy for Reece, since this gets him out of the studio with Holtz.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
are you missing blue font?
Craig James was mentioned as a time reference point only (late 80's or early 90's). I remember the first time the crew broadcast from Legion Field for a UT game. The set faced Greymont and James was wearing jeans and cowboy boots below his coat and tie. You could feel his arrogance from 50 ft away. :smile:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Craig James was mentioned as a time reference point only (late 80's or early 90's). I remember the first time the crew broadcast from Legion Field for a UT game. The set faced Greymont and James was wearing jeans and cowboy boots below his coat and tie. You could feel his arrogance from 50 ft away. :smile:
for a minute I thought you had gone insane

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I like both of them, but hate that i wont be seeing Rece on the final show saturday nights. i'm a little bias towards him because i grew up watching him as a kid on the local news in columbus Ga

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Did any working girls end up sleeping with the fishes that day? :biggrin2:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
If that's what Rece wanted, I'm all for it. Does this mean Fowler moves over to Rece's spot or somewhere else, and will Rece be calling games?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Only 20% of fans will even know there is a difference since most of them think Fowler and Davis are the same person!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.