Kenyan Drake Posts Small Clip of Rehab

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Can't wait until he's healthy again. I have a feeling he will come back stronger than ever

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
2 seasons ago I said that Drake would start for OSU then - when we had Hyde as our starter. Hyde now plays in the NFL (49ers), but Drake is just that good. Drake is an electric player who makes things happen. When he has the ball in his hands, he is a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

If Drake comes back anywhere near where he was when he got injured, he will be your best RB next season - better than Henry. He was an NFL talent before the injury. I hope that he returns to that form/ability.

That said, I wonder where he will stand in the pecking order. This will probably be Henry's last season at Alabama, so will he get most of the carries? IMO, it would be a waste to see Drake only get a handful of carries from the LOS per game.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Agreed. Big "if" on his health and emotional state after such an injury, but he's the most electrifying runner we've had in decades, maybe ever.

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
2 seasons ago I said that Drake would start for OSU then - when we had Hyde as our starter. Hyde now plays in the NFL (49ers), but Drake is just that good. Drake is an electric player who makes things happen. When he has the ball in his hands, he is a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

If Drake comes back anywhere near where he was when he got injured, he will be your best RB next season - better than Henry. He was an NFL talent before the injury. I hope that he returns to that form/ability.

That said, I wonder where he will stand in the pecking order. This will probably be Henry's last season at Alabama, so will he get most of the carries? IMO, it would be a waste to see Drake only get a handful of carries from the LOS per game.
You're spot on. When KD is back and ready for SEC schedule expect him to be in the slot at ball snap a lot. His speed and athleticism will put him in the same role as Coop last season because, as you stated, he's THAT GOOD! CLK will find ways to put the ball in his hands and as decoy when not.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Best wishes for Kenyan. His injury really hurt the team last year but maybe he can rehab fully and have a great final year at Bama and then make some big bucks as a professional.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think Drake will be #2 RB and get 8-12 carries a game on average like our typical #2's in the past. As some have mentioned, I also think we will see him in the slot and out wide at times to get mismatches against LB's or safeties. If he is healthy we will see a lot of him and if he stays healthy he will be a mid round draft pick and have a good NFL career.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Hard to believe Kenyan is already a Senior...where does the time go?

I think we will have a great 1-2 punch with Derrick and Kenyan next year. I would like to see them on the field at the same time, with Kenyan split out wide. I still love that call on the first play in the UF game.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I don't care if it takes him half the year to get back to form, as long as he's the same Drake we remember. We will need him for the home stretch this year.

He's one of the most explosive running backs we've had under Saban.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Have players traditionally recovered most of their speed and athleticism more often after breaks versus tearing ligaments? Very good chance we see KD back to how he was before the injury..

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It was the home run threat that he was that was such a blow. He was like Amari in that you HAD to account for him if he was on the field like FL found out on the first play. Our offense was great w/o him but was far more lethal with him. His rold is so different from the standard tailback that he is his own position and is #1. My guess is that he is fully matured, dedicated, ferociously hungry, and healthy come opening kick-off and opposing defenses better buckle up, tighten their cleats, pack a lunch, and bring dey momma!!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.