Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. LSU****

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
She was normally a sweet, competent gal. She was just beyond her endurance that night. I complained the first time she hit my knee I just said "Ow, watch out for my knee." The second time I said "ow, you're hurting me." When she asked me later about a level of pain, I said "Zero on my hip but about a 3 on my bruised knee you keep hitting with my monitor." She didn't say a thing...
Sometimes folks get so caught up in what they have to do or the task at hand, they forget their "task" is a patient. Had a tech doing a sleep study place electrodes on my old bald head. He had to "rough" the skin up to get the stick and in the process of setting me up, "man handled me" like a piece of meat and treated me as rude as one person could. I got so fed up by about 3:00 am, I ripped all the wires, cuffs, and monitors off and said "you're done". Walked out with four large abrasions on my head. Contacted hospital administration that very day.

Having worked in healthcare most of my adult life, I was absolutely furious. It is stuff like what you went through and I went through that should never happen.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
ESPN commentator doesn't understand the LSU-Alabama rivalry. For the basketball teams to be "chippy" it would involve both of them being consistently successful like their football programs.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sometimes folks get so caught up in what they have to do or the task at hand, they forget their "task" is a patient. Had a tech doing a sleep study place electrodes on my old bald head. He had to "rough" the skin up to get the stick and in the process of setting me up, "man handled me" like a piece of meat and treated me as rude as one person could. I got so fed up by about 3:00 am, I ripped all the wires, cuffs, and monitors off and said "you're done". Walked out with four large abrasions on my head. Contacted hospital administration that very day.

Having worked in healthcare most of my adult life, I was absolutely furious. It is stuff like what you went through and I went through that should never happen.
I'm sure you're familiar with the monitor sending unit - about the size of 2.5 decks of cards and steel, with sharp corners. From the earlier fall and bruise, I have a big knot on my left outside upper patella. It's about as sore as a boil. Howe she managed to hit it twice is beyond me...

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
This thread is a great snapshot of Alabama basketball at the moment. A game against LSU and the thread is 4 pages long with the most interesting posts about Earle's recent surgery. We're at rock bottom but hardly anyone cares to comment on it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This thread is a great snapshot of Alabama basketball at the moment. A game against LSU and the thread is 4 pages long with the most interesting posts about Earle's recent surgery. We're at rock bottom but hardly anyone cares to comment on it.
Ordinarily, I wouldn't have even permitted anything so OT in a game thread, but it hardly seemed to matter...

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
Ordinarily, I wouldn't have even permitted anything so OT in a game thread, but it hardly seemed to matter...
It's just a sad state. The effort seemed to be there tonight in the second half, but no one would know. If a tree falls in the woods...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
One of the most telling things was a statement by one of the commentators at the end: "On the positive side, Alabama seem to have discovered that a smaller, quicker lineup offers them the offensive punch they need at times".

If it is February 7th and CAG is just now figuring that out, then he's making about $2 million a year more than he should.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Riley Norris had a good game. Some good experience for some younger players. Still had way too many dumb turn overs. We need a man in the middle.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Forgot what time the game started, and made it home a few minutes after it ended. Maybe it is better that I can't tell time.

On a positive note, I solved a problem that was letting noise creep into some of my lab measurements. The solution was really strange, but it is solved and all is well at the lab.

Can't say the same about...................I'll stop while I am ahead.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Question for Earl or anyone who may be in the know..does the Board of Trustees/Bill Battle care enough about the basketball program to pay Grant's buyout ( which i am pretty sure is 4 million plus) and let this program try to move forward? The first half of the Florida game is where I came to the conclusion that this is simply not ever going to get better under Grant. Time to move on now. Even Cecil Hurt has alluded to this fact.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Question for Earl or anyone who may be in the know..does the Board of Trustees/Bill Battle care enough about the basketball program to pay Grant's buyout ( which i am pretty sure is 4 million plus) and let this program try to move forward? The first half of the Florida game is where I came to the conclusion that this is simply not ever going to get better under Grant. Time to move on now. Even Cecil Hurt has alluded to this fact.
You know, I don't know the answer to that question and I'm not sure anyone else does, not even Bill B...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I truly hate to say this, because I admire the man immensely, but, yeah, it's time for a change.
A middle school team runs a more complicated offense.
I'm sure our players believe in their coach, but there's no way his philosophy can be successful.
I'm not even sure what his philosophy is. But passing the ball around the perimeter and shooting a 3 at the last second isn't going to work, because our outside shooters can't shoot. Sorry, but that's the way it is.
And we have absolutely NO inside offensive threat at all. NOBODY!.
The coach has to recruit inside players who can score.
Coach Grant has failed miserably in that area. That, ultimately will be his downfall.
The sad thing is....I'm not sure who can do any better in that area.
We're not exactly the ultimate coaching destination in America.
sip

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
What speaks even louder here is the fact we've become so apathetic that we only had 50+ posts during the entire game and not even enough interest for a post game thread.

I'm sad because those kids do play hard. They simply aren't coached that well. They deserve much better.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.