Spider Man is coming home

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Nerd alert, nerd alert. Spider-Man is coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/marvel-shocker-spider-man-going-043800672.html

Andrew Garfield will not be the Spider-Man. Peter Parker/Spider-Man will be recast.
that's both great and a shame

great to see spidey in the MCU, though I hope shoe-horning him into Captain America, Civil War doesn't mess up the movie

and a shame, because I liked Garfield as Spidey. #2 had lots of issues as a movie but Garfield wasn't one of them

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
That's awesome. I can honestly say that the best thing Marvel did for it's name is selling out to Disney. Disney has rebooted the Marvel Universe in such a way that they did not have the ability to do on their own, and pimping out characters here and there to different houses really hasn't done a lot for them. If Disney can somehow reel in the X-Men and Fantastic 4 from Fox, then they can make movies and money till the cows come home. I think Kevin Feige at the helm has worked wonders with the MCU.
Still crossing my fingers that Disney doesn't mess up Star Wars.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
That's awesome. I can honestly say that the best thing Marvel did for it's name is selling out to Disney. Disney has rebooted the Marvel Universe in such a way that they did not have the ability to do on their own, and pimping out characters here and there to different houses really hasn't done a lot for them. If Disney can somehow reel in the X-Men and Fantastic 4 from Fox, then they can make movies and money till the cows come home. I think Kevin Feige at the helm has worked wonders with the MCU.
you have to remember when Marvell did that they were on the ropes, about to go bankrupt. Farming out XMen, Spidey as well as letting New Line make the first great modern super hero movie, Blade, saved them and heavily contributed to making them a valuable property for Disney to acquire.

I am also with you in the hope that Disney doesn't screw up Star Wars

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
X-Men ain't happenin; those movies are doing too well (Last Stand notwithstanding). Of course, Fox may beg Marvel to take the FF back if the reboot tanks.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
X-Men ain't happenin; those movies are doing too well (Last Stand notwithstanding). Of course, Fox may beg Marvel to take the FF back if the reboot tanks.
Last Stand, X Men origins Wolverine, and the other Wolverine movie were pretty darned bad, but I agree Fox isn't dumping them

I think Fantastic Four will flop. The Four are Marvels worst characters imo and I don't think a good movie can be made outside of when Spidey and the Four team up to take on Carnage and Venom but we know that will never happen on film

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
you have to remember when Marvell did that they were on the ropes, about to go bankrupt. Farming out XMen, Spidey as well as letting New Line make the first great modern super hero movie, Blade, saved them and heavily contributed to making them a valuable property for Disney to acquire.

I am also with you in the hope that Disney doesn't screw up Star Wars
After the prequels, there's really nowhere to go but up, IMO.

BTW, if you have never watched the Plinkett reviews of the prequels, I highly recommend them.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

BTW, if you have never watched the Plinkett reviews of the prequels, I highly recommend them.
agree completely those reviews are fantastic and there is nowhere to go but up

have you head of the near mythical Topher Grace Star Wars edits, Known as Episode 3.5 The Editor Strikes Back? http://nofilmschool.com/2014/05/topher-grace-star-wars-editor-strikes-back-redux-jedi

Nerd lore is that he removes all the Jar-Jar and other distracting "this is what George Lucas does with full control and a bunch of yes men" garbage and turns the three into one, really good movie. I'd love to get my hands on a copy

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
agree completely those reviews are fantastic and there is nowhere to go but up

have you head of the near mythical Topher Grace Star Wars edits, Known as Episode 3.5 The Editor Strikes Back? http://nofilmschool.com/2014/05/topher-grace-star-wars-editor-strikes-back-redux-jedi

Nerd lore is that he removes all the Jar-Jar and other distracting "this is what George Lucas does with full control and a bunch of yes men" garbage and turns the three into one, really good movie. I'd love to get my hands on a copy
Heh. Getting rid of Jar-Jar is an excellent start. Gawd, what an insult to Star Wars fandom! Also, all the scenes with Natalie Portman and Jake Lloyd/Hayeden Christensen would need to be re-shot with actors who can act.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Heh. Getting rid of Jar-Jar is an excellent start. Gawd, what an insult to Star Wars fandom! Also, all the scenes with Natalie Portman and Jake Lloyd/Hayeden Christensen would need to be re-shot with actors who can act.
can't speak to Hayeden or Jake (though I feel bad for that kid, he's had a hard time of it) but Portman most certainly can act. Ever seen The Professional? She blew me away at 12 years old. I think Lucas tried to do everything in one take and with horrible dialog he made some really good actors look bad. Portman, Ewan MacGreggor and Liam Neeson are all strong actors who all acted really poorly in those films

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

I really don't get all the hate for the prequels. Sure, they could have been better with a less whiney Anakin, but Lucas really seems to love that in his lead for some reason. I think it is arguable that the story of the rise of Vader and downfall of the Republic is a better one than the savior Luke.

I have to admit, however, that I grew up with the new Star Wars so things like Jar Jar Binks didn't really bother me so much when I went and saw the movies. Plus, it has Natalie Portman.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Did anyone else watch the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series? That show was actually pretty good once it got going.

(Don't bother with Ultimate Spider-Man, it's terrible)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.