Wait, Gweneth Paltrow does what? And why do people listen to Celebrity Psuedoscience

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Last week this trend reached a new level of hilarity. On Paltrow's lifestyle blog, "Goop," the Academy Award-winning actress disclosed to her fans yet another secret to her youthful health and vitality: A steam treatment for women's nether region that's offered at a West Coast spa. She wrote on her blog:

"You sit on what is essentially a mini-throne, and a combination of infrared and mugwort steam cleanses your uterus, et al. It is an energetic release -- not just a steam douche -- that balances female hormone levels. If you're in L.A., you have to do it."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-do-we-believe-celebrity-pseudoscience/

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
This from a woman that named her child "Apple" and referred to her divorce as a "conscious uncoupling."

That she takes that sort of nonsensical woo seriously does not shock me in the slightest. I'll comment more on the rest of the article later, as I find it fascinating.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
This from a woman that named her child "Apple" and referred to her divorce as a "conscious uncoupling."

That she takes that sort of nonsensical woo seriously does not shock me in the slightest. I'll comment more on the rest of the article later, as I find it fascinating.
This may fall under the "We All Have Our Needs" department but I can't speak for Mrs. Paltrow.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'll comment more on the rest of the article later, as I find it fascinating.
I had to stop reading after this part:

"I would never tell anybody to do this because the potential risks are much higher than the potential benefits," Dr. Amos Grunebaum, an obstetrician and gynecologist at New York Presbyterian Hospital, told the Daily News. Douching was long ago found to be one of the worst things a woman could do for her health since it disturbs the natural flora of the female reproductive system, which can lead to a host of nasty problems including urinary tract infections and yeast overgrowth.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Gwyneth's favorite TV Show:
- Leave It To Beaver

Gwyneth's Favorite Elvis movie:
- Clambake

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
If you're in L.A., you have to do it.
Ah... L.A. Where everyone gets implants, facelifts, steams, and believes that anyone can be a girl if they want to because, "Well, it's L.A., you have to."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
All I know about her is that she is an actress. I could not name one movie she has been in and I could not pick her out of a lineup. If she didn't have a weird first name I doubt I'd even recognize her name.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.