Wait, Gweneth Paltrow does what? And why do people listen to Celebrity Psuedoscience

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
All I know about her is that she is an actress. I could not name one movie she has been in and I could not pick her out of a lineup. If she didn't have a weird first name I doubt I'd even recognize her name.
she was drop dead gorgeous in the talented mr. ripley. no real opinion either way on her talent. that being said, i would be willing to at least listen to just about anything she wanted to tell me about her lady parts.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
LOL at second to most recent comment.

The headline reads:Why do we believe celebrity pseudoscience?

First of all, this must be the royal we, which really doesn't include the holy trinity, the King or Queen, and certainly not some folks like me and maybe you. But with that said, there is a simple reason folks believe anything some celebrities say: "They are hot". Probably also if they have a nice smile.

Take Gwyneth Paltrow. She is hot and has a nice smile. Now, it is mostly that she is hot, but the nice smile is good too. Gwyneth has managed to dress poorly, sponsor foolish things, and do a host of other things few people in their right minds believe are good ideas. But darn it, she is hot, so ok, who really cares? She's hot, so maybe she has good idea!

So, did I forget to mention that she is hot?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
LOTR series are great movies but, you will not find Gwyneth Paltrow in any of them. I think you got her confused with Cate Blanchett, who is in LOTR and is a much better actress IMO.
Right. Silly me. :banghead:

One of those weeks so far.

EDIT: and getting worse. Just heard Kalvarez Bessent is leaving to pursue "other opportunities."

Last edited:

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
All I know about her is that she is an actress. I could not name one movie she has been in and I could not pick her out of a lineup. If she didn't have a weird first name I doubt I'd even recognize her name.
I've seen one of her movies, "Country Strong". If I hadn't seen that one, I wouldn't even recognize her name.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
She's another example of nepotism in Hollywood. (Not the worst; that belongs to Will Smith's kid.) I highly doubt she'd be landing roles without her family connectoons.

When she was a kid, her dad, producer Bruce Paltrow had the show he was making, St. Elsewhere, which was set in a fictional hospital use her name in the background overhead PA system saying "paging Dr Gwyneth Paltrow". Also her mom was Blythe Danner.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
She's another example of nepotism in Hollywood. (Not the worst; that belongs to Will Smith's kid.) I highly doubt she'd be landing roles without her family connectoons.

When she was a kid, her dad, producer Bruce Paltrow had the show he was making, St. Elsewhere, which was set in a fictional hospital use her name in the background overhead PA system saying "paging Dr Gwyneth Paltrow". Also her mom was Blythe Danner.
actually she is talented as an actress which is a shame because she also seems to be a rather awful human being. She is far more talented than her Dad who is a hack. Mom was a decent actress though. If you really hate her watch Seven

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
actually she is talented as an actress which is a shame because she also seems to be a rather awful human being. She is far more talented than her Dad who is a hack. Mom was a decent actress though. If you really hate her watch Seven
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.