New UA tags

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Looks like the one they made around 2000. I remember having one on my car when I was a student.

Of course the new ones look more Crimson than the old ones did...which is nice. I definitely prefer the script A over the "Chicago Bulls" Big Al.

Wasn't that one the old Bob Bockrath logo?

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Every new University tag change is met with mixed reviews but every time there is a change tag sales increase with the new tag.

BamaMoon, your wife's concerns might be valid. I took a look at my personal tag which has a block "A" followed by two numbers which are all centered in the middle of the tag. I would assume your idea of LFAN would also be centered moving it away from the walking "A". The size and colors of both the walking "A" and your LFAN would also be different.
You might tell your wife since Valentines Day is coming up you want to give her the Valentine "gift" of making the tag choice. It could save face and money.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Every new University tag change is met with mixed reviews but every time there is a change tag sales increase with the new tag.

BamaMoon, your wife's concerns might be valid. I took a look at my personal tag which has a block "A" followed by two numbers which are all centered in the middle of the tag. I would assume your idea of LFAN would also be centered moving it away from the walking "A". The size and colors of both the walking "A" and your LFAN would also be different.
You might tell your wife since Valentines Day is coming up you want to give her the Valentine "gift" of making the tag choice. It could save face and money.
Good advice. And I've also noticed the font size on the "A" on the new design is not as big as on the old design which would make it less likely to be able to use the "A" in the personalized tag's message.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Just looked at the State Dept. of Revenue site for collegiate tags. I see the University of Auburn has the same design, different colors and logo, of course. Not going to soil the site (or risk getting a barner avatar in the process :p_green:) and post a pic of it.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
The tags may be similar but the total sales are not even close. Take a look at our sales versus the barn's and post the numbers. All of our money goes to student scholarships -one more reason to buy the tag, show your pride, and support scholarships.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
The tags may be similar but the total sales are not even close. Take a look at our sales versus the barn's and post the numbers. All of our money goes to student scholarships -one more reason to buy the tag, show your pride, and support scholarships.
Correct. I have seen the numbers.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The University changed the logo to be used on marketing stuff last Fall...I figured a new plate with it was just around the corner.

It's pretty plain but sometimes simplicity is beauty. I just feel like the new design is a bit too blocky with the script A in a square with two big crimson stripes across the top and bottom.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
The University changed the logo to be used on marketing stuff last Fall...I figured a new plate with it was just around the corner.

It's pretty plain but sometimes simplicity is beauty. I just feel like the new design is a bit too blocky with the script A in a square with two big crimson stripes across the top and bottom.

That script A has been on merchandise for years. Or did I miss something?

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
It's the crimson square script A deal...

Oh gotcha. I thought they just did that for the tag. I hadn't seen any other items with it in a square so I didn't know. Not a fan of it though.

BTW I miss the days when the letters and numbers were embossed. Now they are printed on or whatever.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This happens every five years, and always reminds me of the joke about how many Alabama fans it takes to change a light bulb.

The new tag comes out. A lot of people pan it, and almost nobody likes it better than the old one. Five years later, the tag that not many liked is now the favorite, and nobody much likes he new one. Lather, rinse, repeat.

BTW -- How many Alabama fans does it tale to change a light bulb? Five. One to change the bulb, and four to stand around and talk about how good the old one was.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.