New UA tags

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I honestly like it better than the previous version. That version cut off the tail end of the "A". The new one has more crimson in it as well so that is a plus. That being said. It could have been better.

Here is the old version:

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My new UA license plate came in yesterday...I'm gonna have to get used to the new look. I was not that crazy about it, but its starting to grow on me...a little...I'd love to see others posted here too.
Would prefer the script A to be in an outline of the state rather than the rectangle.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think there have been some changes in the standards for the plate designs and all specialty plates are soon to follow this similar layout. UA, UAH, and AU all got new tags on Jan 1, 2015 and they all practically look identical other than the logo and colors. I think they're trying to limit the color palettes too...no gradients.

I get the feeling that the Ag tag that looks like a rainbow exploded on the plate is not long for this world.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Question for you guys to help settle a little "debate" between my wife and me:

If you were applying for a new Alabama personalized tag, would you use the "A" on the tag as part of what you try to spell.

For instance: A:L FAN

Would you see this tag and read it like: AL FAN or would you (like my wife) see L FAN (not reading the A)?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Question for you guys to help settle a little "debate" between my wife and me:

If you were applying for a new Alabama personalized tag, would you use the "A" on the tag as part of what you try to spell.

For instance: A:L FAN

Would you see this tag and read it like: AL FAN or would you (like my wife) see L FAN (not reading the A)?
I agree with the wifey. I'd be like what does L Fan mean.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm with Jessica, the new ones are a LOT better than the old ones. I like the ones with a lot of crimson on it.

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
My new UA license plate came in yesterday...I'm gonna have to get used to the new look. I was not that crazy about it, but its starting to grow on me...a little...I'd love to see others posted here too.
We can start with numbers now? I see 230kv in my future!

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Looks like the one they made around 2000. I remember having one on my car when I was a student.

Of course the new ones look more Crimson than the old ones did...which is nice. I definitely prefer the script A over the "Chicago Bulls" Big Al.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.