Waterbury, CT school district to honor to Muslim holidays

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Are we aloud to say "Merry Christmas" again or is it just the Muslims that we are suppose to respect these days.
No Merry Christmas in my wife's school but a Jewish kid can have his mom come in and "teach" the class about Judaism. Class time was used for this. Said mom's lawyer called the Caddo Parish School board and threatened to sue if the Christmas tree wasn't taken out of the Christmas program and the name of the program wasn't changed. So they had a "Holiday" program celebrating the different ways people celebrated this time of year. When they got to America they couldn't use the word Christmas or Jesus. But Jewish, Hanakkuh and other non Christian names were liberally accepted. But what amazed me the most was that the majority of the parents are Christian and NOT ONE publicly stood up. Oh, they all complained in private but NOT ONE publicly stood up. So I told my wife "Y'all got exactly what y'all deserved."

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
No Merry Christmas in my wife's school but a Jewish kid can have his mom come in and "teach" the class about Judaism. Class time was used for this. Said mom's lawyer called the Caddo Parish School board and threatened to sue if the Christmas tree wasn't taken out of the Christmas program and the name of the program wasn't changed. So they had a "Holiday" program celebrating the different ways people celebrated this time of year. When they got to America they couldn't use the word Christmas or Jesus. But Jewish, Hanakkuh and other non Christian names were liberally accepted. But what amazed me the most was that the majority of the parents are Christian and NOT ONE publicly stood up. Oh, they all complained in private but NOT ONE publicly stood up. So I told my wife "Y'all got exactly what y'all deserved."
Same reason no one in Congress will challenge The Obama. Afraid of being labelled a bigot.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I went to 2 different public schools in 2 different States that honored Jewish holidays. It is what it is
I mean it makes sense if you have a significant Jewish population in the school district, or in this case Muslim population. The article doesn't say one way or the other, although if there was a petition with 300 signatures there must be a number of Muslim families. Now if there are like 6 Muslim families in the school district I think it is stupid. IMO a community should reflect the, well, community.

But the real question here is, what the heck is a Sensitivity Memo?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I mean it makes sense if you have a significant Jewish population in the school district, or in this case Muslim population. The article doesn't say one way or the other, although if there was a petition with 300 signatures there must be a number of Muslim families. Now if there are like 6 Muslim families in the school district I think it is stupid. IMO a community should reflect the, well, community.

Yeah, that's all fine and good until the community is white Christian and the schools reflect that then those from the outside determine that the community isn't "diverse" enough and begin to force change. That's how that works here in the real world (Alan Jackson reference there.) :wink:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

they were both over 50% Jewish so yeah it made sense there. Was great all my buddies had to go to Temple all day and the few Gentiles among us just got the day off. Also nice was the cute jewish girls that used a relationship with me to upset mom and dad. I was quite happy to be taken advantage of in this way :)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
they were both over 50% Jewish so yeah it made sense there. Was great all my buddies had to go to Temple all day and the few Gentiles among us just got the day off. Also nice was the cute jewish girls that used a relationship with me to upset mom and dad. I was quite happy to be taken advantage of in this way :)
No matter the race or religion, errbody gots needs. :biggrin:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
No matter the race or religion, errbody gots needs. :biggrin:
Not to turn this into a fetcher thread...but there are a few Jewish women that could, um, make me convert. ;)

And just for the record, Alicia Silverstone has always been the one I would stray with. We just couldn't have a sustainable relationship due to that vegan thing. ;)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
So I guess a mock baptism would be out of the question... ;)

Bet they might actually like the collection though...especially if you offered to take EBTs ;)

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
To add to this discussion, here is another story from today.

Florida father furious at school lesson: ‘Muhammad is the messenger of God’

http://linkis.com/washingtontimes.com/ABAno

"Folks" really need to open their eyes to what is happening. This is intentional and part of the agenda being pushed by Obama's administration. I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, Christian or not, you need to as yourself if this is what you want for our country. I don't know or care whether Barack Obama is a Muslim, as some suggest. I do know his actions seem to show he is supporting and defending Islam, not America.

C Earl

1st Team
Aug 17, 2005
Cahaba Heights
The proper response to this would be a lesson on Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity and every other religion you could think of in the name of equality.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The proper response to this would be a lesson on Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity and every other religion you could think of in the name of equality.
I recall having such a lesson back in 1983-84 in 10th grade World History class. It was interesting, and I don't recall anyone getting upset by it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.