Tyren Jones Suspended for Conduct Not to the Standard of the Program

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
To be fair, we kinda are being little too hard on him... Correct me if I'm wrong:
-Clinton-Dix, Jarran Reed, Kenyon Drake, Tim Williams, Brandon Ivory, Malcomn Faciane were suspended indefeinitely at one time... and all returned back to the team.

-Drake has been in trouble several times and now he's a role model citizen.
- I understand we've had several players that were suspended and never returned to the team, but ended up transferring to another schools.
- If you look at the link, http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ama-coach-nick-saban-sec-media-days/12784349/
He said this:
Saban spoke generally on what he sees as a growing trend of immaturity among players and on his philosophy of discipline. He said he's opposed to dismissing players, adding when he has kicked players off teams, "there's not one player … that ever went anywhere and amounted to anything and accomplished anything, playing or academically."
- We don't even know what Jones did to get suspended. For all we know, he could've missed classes, his grades isn't where it should be, Got smart with someone on the staff, Got into fight with players, etc... My point is that I don't think we should be so quick to dismiss players like that.... Sometime it takes them a while to grow up mentally and emotionally.
- Also it seems to me that we always have players suspended in the spring and for opener season every year.....
- Also, I don't know if Harris will get lot of opportunities, but don't count Bo Scarbough, Kenyan Drake and others out... I would expect Bo to get lot of look this spring anyway, since he practiced with us this past December.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
This is too bad. Man he had awesome ability. But you know what its time to work yourself off the field, cause we are going to keep on playing.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Probably for not going to class or missing offseason workouts. Dude, wake up! You are getting a FREE education because you can play football.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Here's Desherrius's Flowers highlight video for anyone that hasn't seen his video..I know folks are excited about Damien Harris & I'm too cause he''s a really good RB..But..I'm equally excited about Desherrius..I think he's the perfect RB for our offense with those quick cutbacks at the LOS, when he's running the ball, he reminds me a lot of Tyren Jones coming out of high school & can cutback on a dime like Tyren..Both Player's are really good & will be fun watching them both grow as RB's in Coach Kiffin's offense..

Here's another link of Desherrius Flowers..CLICK ME

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Here's Desherrius's Flowers highlight video for anyone that hasn't seen his video..I know folks are excited about Damien Harris & I'm too cause he''s a really good RB..But..I'm equally excited about Desherrius..I think he's the perfect RB for our offense with those quick cutbacks at the LOS, when he's running the ball, he reminds me a lot of Tyren Jones coming out of high school & can cutback on a dime like Tyren..Both Player's are really good & will be fun watching them both grow as RB's in Coach Kiffin's offense..

Here's another link of Desherrius Flowers..CLICK ME

I think he is already enrolled so we'll see him in the spring.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep I think too many are sleeping on Bo Scarborough. He is the real deal at RB. I think he gets time BEFORE Harris. Only way I see Harris jumping him is if Bo moves to H-back

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
another wait and see. fortunately, we have three legitimate rbs coming this year in harris, flowers, and bo. I expect bo will have to forego plans for a receiver, or H back for now.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
At the risk of generalizing, what's with the continued problems with the same group of Atlanta kids?

Kamara: Gone.
Freitag: Up in smoke?
Jones: Multiple suspensions.
Drake: multiple missteps up until now.

All that talent wrapped in an inability to follow the rules. Just bizarre.
Interesting point, and without knowing what the neighborhoods were like for each of these guys, I can tell you the ATL has some rough patches.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Interesting point, and without knowing what the neighborhoods were like for each of these guys, I can tell you the ATL has some rough patches.
Tyren Jones went to Walton high school in Marietta - it's hardly a rough patch.

Kamara is from Norcross, Drake from Powder Springs and Freitag from Buford. All of those places are suburbs and nothing close to a rough patch.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.