Tyren Jones Suspended for Conduct Not to the Standard of the Program

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@marctorrence Alabama announces RB Tyren Jones has been "suspended indefinitely for conduct not to the standard of the Alabama football program."

BOL link

“Tyren Jones has been suspended indefinitely for conduct not to the standard of the Alabama football program,” head coach Nick Saban said in a statement released by UA Athletics.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
That sucks. I was looking forward to seeing him play this year. Such a shame that they can't be more focused to stay out of trouble.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
This past season I remarked to friend how much his running style remind me of another #20 from years gone by, Sherman Williams. Can only hope this #20 doesn't continue to make the mistakes Sherman did later in his career.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Here we go again. Some things will never change; I am so tired of this crap.
Having worked in a college environment for a while, and having seen young men (and they are mostly young men) make stupid mistake after stupid mistake, I can say that, for the old folks'/adults'/college administrators' perspective, the same mistakes seem to get made over and over.
For the young men, however, the mistakes are new to them. I heard one administrator say, "I told them two years ago, don't do X," only to have the young knucklehead reply, "I wasn't here two years ago." I had to remind myself that some mistakes are new to the perpetrators while the old guys running the program have seen them over and over again and it frustrates them.

This is not to excuse whatever Jones did (I honestly don't know what he did, but it must be pretty bad), but this particular screw-up might be his first time doing this particular screw-up.

Still to have enough talent to be on the roster at the University of Alabama represents a great opportunity. To fritter that opportunity away seems like an awful waste.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Harris may be the guy eventually but Bo's reps this spring will be huge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the risk of generalizing, what's with the continued problems with the same group of Atlanta kids?

Kamara: Gone.
Freitag: Up in smoke?
Jones: Multiple suspensions.
Drake: multiple missteps up until now.

All that talent wrapped in an inability to follow the rules. Just bizarre.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So AT is transferring, Yeldon turned pro, and now Tyren Jones is suspended. That leaves Henry, Drake who is coming off of a brutal injury, and a couple of freshman. Seems like there will be plenty of opportunities throughout the spring/summer/fall camp for players to earn some serious PT..

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
While disappointing, this really isn't a surprise. Between what Coach has said, and sometimes more impotantly, not said, Jones has a history of not being responsible off the field.

I have no idea what he did, but I know for a fact it's not his first time in the doghouse. To go all the way to indefinitely suspended from the team, it's either something semi-serious that has gotten elevated by repetition, or it's a first offense on something dang serious.

Either way, if he has demonstrated that he doesn't want to get with the Process, there's the door.

Messrs. Scarborough and Harris thank you. Next man up!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Desherrius Flowers is another young stud to watch out for & has the talent to contribute early as well..I love videos on both players & both has a ton of talent coming out of high school ..I can see both players coming in & getting carries or add depth at the RB spot at the very least..Of course all eye's will be on Bo Scarbough..This off-season has shaped up for Bo to come in & set the college football world on fire running the ball at Bama this coming season..
Damien Harris, are you ready?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.