Mel Tucker`s Technique With DB Coverage?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Is anyone familiar enough with his technique/philosophy to give something of a preview of what we might expect of our DB`s in coverage this season?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
SMH. Look at the tapes on youtube of all the teams he has coached... that should give you an idea of how he teaches... HIs is primary focused on safety, but I suspect he may work litlte with CBs as well. Either way I expect our defense back there to be much improved than this season.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
JustNeedMe81;2587149[B said:
]SMH.[/B] Look at the tapes on youtube of all the teams he has coached... that should give you an idea of how he teaches... HIs is primary focused on safety, but I suspect he may work litlte with CBs as well. Either way I expect our defense back there to be much improved than this season.
OK, sorry I asked. Just trying for a little info from folks who know more than I do.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
SMH. Look at the tapes on youtube of all the teams he has coached... that should give you an idea of how he teaches... HIs is primary focused on safety, but I suspect he may work litlte with CBs as well. Either way I expect our defense back there to be much improved than this season.
Why don't you post some of those videos for us? SMH...

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Awesome idea.

I went to youtube and searched for "Mel Tucker defensive backfield coverage techniques" and found the following:

http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Not sure why everyone is so sensitive with my response... It wasn't done to be smart aleck at all... I was just saying there has to be some on tapes... We see saban working with dbs on video all the time.. surely there is a tape of Tucker working with dbs ..... C'mon don't be so harsh...

OK, sorry I asked. Just trying for a little info from folks who know more than I do.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Not sure why everyone is so sensitive with my response... It wasn't done to be smart aleck at all... I was just saying there has to be some on tapes... We see saban working with dbs on video all the time.. surely there is a tape of Tucker working with dbs ..... C'mon don't be so harsh...
It's been over a month since the last Bama football game. Withdrawal can be a ...... ;)

We may need a "You're not yourself without Alabama football" poster.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Maybe it had to do with the SMH ? That`s a not so subtle way of intimating that somebody`s a "Dumb....."

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Maybe it had to do with the SMH ? That`s a not so subtle way of intimating that somebody`s a "Dumb....."
Yeah! He coulda used SAR instead - only problem for the OP poster would be determining if the acronymn apropos Coach Tucker stood for "See Aaron Rodgers" or "Search and Rescue" (SAR) for da Bears' secondary marooned on an island in coverage vs. Rodgers...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This just to show you how easily threads can get out of control... when people assume things....

The SMH was directed toward to this comment, " Likely to be the exact same things his GA (boss) teaches."
and by the way, SMH actually stands for Shaking my head... that doesn't indicate that someone is a dumb...... It just is an expression... I shake my head and it doesn't mean anything. Tideflyer asked a legitmate question, and the repsonses on TF just went haywire..... This is getting real stupid!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Now, that was FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah! He coulda used SAR instead - only problem for the OP poster would be determining if the acronymn apropos Coach Tucker stood for "See Aaron Rodgers" or "Search and Rescue" (SAR) for da Bears' secondary marooned on an island in coverage vs. Rodgers...

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
All I can say is thank goodness for the EPL!! At least I have something to watch through May and then July the EPL preseason starts all over again.
How 'bout NBC airing five count'em five Premiership matches last weekend? Not a lot of drama in any of 'em, but some great nuance if you know what you're looking for either on the pitch (Steven Gerrard swan song at Goodison Park, anyone?) or in "the rankings."

I'm with you, ChattBrit - think this "Tides" us over 'til the other footie time comes 'round. Now up the Albion!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.