Mel Tucker`s Technique With DB Coverage?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
This just to show you how easily threads can get out of control... when people assume things....

The SMH was directed toward to this comment, " Likely to be the exact same things his GA (boss) teaches."
and by the way, SMH actually stands for Shaking my head... that doesn't indicate that someone is a dumb...... It just is an expression... I shake my head and it doesn't mean anything. Tideflyer asked a legitmate question, and the repsonses on TF just went haywire..... This is getting real stupid!
Well, bless your heart.

;)

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I heard a rumor that we are bringing in Brother Oliver to give an in service on DB techniques.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
This just to show you how easily threads can get out of control... when people assume things....

The SMH was directed toward to this comment, " Likely to be the exact same things his GA (boss) teaches."
and by the way, SMH actually stands for Shaking my head... that doesn't indicate that someone is a dumb...... It just is an expression... I shake my head and it doesn't mean anything. Tideflyer asked a legitmate question, and the repsonses on TF just went haywire..... This is getting real stupid!
Au contraire mon ami.

I quote the Urban dictionary...
SMH Acronym for 'shake my head' or 'shaking my head.' Usually used when someone finds something so stupid, no words can do it justice.
Not your intent, I'm sure, but on the World,Wild,Web acronyms have specific meaning to many online savvy people.

Now if ya'll excuse me, I'll get back to watching the new season of Top Gear.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I can shake my head and not actually mean anything by it. It's real amazing how sensitive people can be by three letters word... People on this board have used SMH so many times.. and I get singled out for this one... Naw, It's all good. Don't worry... I'll keep my mouth shut from now on... Ya'll carry on.. This is purely ridiculous........... And I'm out!

Au contraire mon ami.

Not your intent, I'm sure, but on the World,Wild,Web acronyms have specific meaning to many online savvy people.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Bears secondary was always very physical when he was their DB coach. He taught his DB's how to strip balls and cause fumbles too.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Au contraire mon ami.

I really hate acronyms...really wish people would stick to the written language like it was meant to be articulated. It's no wonder there are so many misinterpretations. Heck, I've been on this site quite a few years and don't know what SMH means.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I really hate acronyms...really wish people would stick to the written language like it was meant to be articulated. It's no wonder there are so many misinterpretations. Heck, I've been on this site quite a few years and don't know what SMH means.
IDK why you would feel that way. TIFWIW, but I think it reduces clutter. IOW, I guess I'm a fan of it. -LOL

JMHO...

I think the OP had great question. AFAIK, Tucker's DB's have played well. CMT should be a great to UA's coaching staff.

:)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
smh, articulate refers to the spoken word

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I love top gear. The bbc version. I smh at the American version.
Here, here - 'Merican version of Top Gear POS (pathetic ordure series). As for Mel Tucker's technique, he might smh or maybe learn a little from the lads playing vehicular rugger Cover-2 at Twickers

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Struggling to find anything about his coaching technique, but I can tell he's done a much better job coaching just the secondary rather than being a defensive coordinator. Found this "Who is Mel Tucker" piece from the Bears' SB Nation site.

This piece talks about Tucker's use of a Cover 2 scheme as a defensive coordinator.

He employs a lot of two-deep with single-high looks, using the strong safety in the middle and the free safety to the weak side of the formation. With a two-deep shell, the DBs can break inside to react to curls, digs and posts. It gives up yardage in the soft under-belly (medium-range passes) so it is predicated on getting turnovers. It's a lot like what we've seen from the Bears during the Lovie years, although Tucker did employ a 3-4 with Cleveland.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.