New Bama Safety Ronnie Harrison Posts Instagram Video of One Handed Catch

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Those that keep up with recruiting know Ronnie is very athletic. He played QB, DB, and KR in high school. He threw for 2,050 yards with 15 touchdowns and just one interception and had 3,455 all-purpose yards with 36 touchdowns.

He posted this video on Instagram last week. Seems like he has decent hands.
Sounds like someone that can definitely run the wishbone.....

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Great to see. I'll just make a comment - I live close to Bob Jones High School, and I see groups of kids there all the time doing one handed catches. It is the current "thing to do", and, like any skill, it gets easier. What the kids do on their own time is up to them, but if I were coach and a DB or WR was doing that in my practices, and they could have gotten two hands on the ball, I would bench them for a while.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
First, great catch, ball skills in the secondary are exactly what we need. INT's were rare last year. Secondly, I wonder why there's such an obsession with one handed catches? I watched several WR's this past season drop passes trying to get cute. Two hands are better than one. JMO

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
First, great catch, ball skills in the secondary are exactly what we need. INT's were rare last year. Secondly, I wonder why there's such an obsession with one handed catches? I watched several WR's this past season drop passes trying to get cute. Two hands are better than one. JMO
Bingo! You nailed it. You play how you practice. I'd make the player run laps if he used only one hand when it was a situation where he could have used both. I'm guess there's a reason why they have them do this, but like you said, sometimes they seem to do it in a game when it's not necessary at all. It's like they're more interested in getting on Sportscenter than helping the team win. Disturbing trend, but that's what our overabundance of media (and especially social media) have helped to create.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
And by the way, ever wonder (like i do) why we don't throw more "throw it up and hope" passes like everyone seems to do to us? They work quite often for the other guys, so why don't we try it every now and then?
Might be because their guys are in better position in coverage nd looking for the ball?

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
This is a little misleading since they look to be using a ball machine that slings the ball in a predictable trajectory. It does however show good hand size and strength that should help him create turnovers. Plus he seems to be having fun which is good. These guys come to be part of something special, they have to work harder than other players just to see the field.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This is a little misleading since they look to be using a ball machine that slings the ball in a predictable trajectory. It does however show good hand size and strength that should help him create turnovers. Plus he seems to be having fun which is good. These guys come to be part of something special, they have to work harder than other players just to see the field.
i would think that something like this would be a good drill. definitely not a good habit to get into, but good to know you can do it if needed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.