Link: 3 star in-state LB to walk on Alabama football team

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
What a story this could turn out to be! If he`s got some foot speed and the right attitude ( a la Reuben Foster, but keeps his head up) he could well start out going down under kicks. From there, who knows!? Welcome aboard, sir, and good luck!

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
What a story this could turn out to be! If he`s got some foot speed and the right attitude ( a la Reuben Foster, but keeps his head up) he could well start out going down under kicks. From there, who knows!? Welcome aboard, sir, and good luck!
If I understand the ncaa rules, if he plays in his first two years he will have to count against the 2015 twenty five signing limit and the 85 total limit both years. After that he will have to count against the 85 total limit.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
If I understand the ncaa rules, if he plays in his first two years he will have to count against the 2015 twenty five signing limit and the 85 total limit both years. After that he will have to count against the 85 total limit.
His parents should be very proud of his academic success. Way to go young man.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Had a schol offer from the Naval Academy . . Those aren't handed out to average types. Great to have young men such as this on the team. Hope he turns out to be an consensus all-american.

Last edited:

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
Don't think he is counted against the 85 unless/until he is put on scholarship........the 105??

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He is on scholarship but not football scholarship. The NCAA rule is set up to keep schools from giving out non-athletic scholarships to be used for sports.

What does the 105 refer to?
105 is the max practice squad players after school starts back in the fall semester.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Had a schol offer from the Naval Academy . . Those aren't handed out to average types. Great to have young men such as this on the team. Hope he turns out to be an consensus all-american.
im glad he's coming to t-town, but it would be hard for me (25+ years ago, mind you) to walk away from a scholarship to the naval academy.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I don't know what act tests are like today, but in my day if you scored 30 on the test ,,well ,let's just say you ain't stupid.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I don't know what act tests are like today, but in my day if you scored 30 on the test ,,well ,let's just say you ain't stupid.
I've read that the scale was re-centered around 1990 moving the average up 2 points. So if you score a 30 now it would probably be the same as a 31 or 32 "back in the day".

This means that my daughter scored one point higher than I did when I took it but I actually scored a little better than her. (I won't tell her that though.):biggrin2:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Seeing we only signed 23, we will have room to add him to the 25 for this class. Since Saban and a select few are the only ones who know exactly where we stand regarding the 85 limit, I'm sure they have a plan for this....

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Talked to one of his high school assistant coaches last night. Had nothing but high praise for him. Said he was a coach on the field and that he had no doubt that he could work his way onto the field in some capacity because of his incredibly high aptitude for the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.