Before and After - How much are you paying for Health insurance......

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't think you pay a penalty unless you don't have health insurance.

Can someone confirm, please?
Ahh, I guess things have changed then - in October of 2013 we got a letter from BCBS saying that while our plan didn't meet the ACA minimum requirements it was close enough we could keep it, but we'd pay the penalty. Looking around it looks like they may have rescinded that aspect of the ACA which would make me quite happy. We use insurance like we do auto or homeowners insurance - to cover the big bills from a serious illness (more of a catastrophic coverage).

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
$200/month for UHC through employer with dental and vision. It increased $20 a month from last year due to contract agreement. The only thing I can see the ACA has done is make our company more diligent for increasing our out of pocket premiums during negotiations.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Ahh, I guess things have changed then - in October of 2013 we got a letter from BCBS saying that while our plan didn't meet the ACA minimum requirements it was close enough we could keep it, but we'd pay the penalty. Looking around it looks like they may have rescinded that aspect of the ACA which would make me quite happy. We use insurance like we do auto or homeowners insurance - to cover the big bills from a serious illness (more of a catastrophic coverage).
They? Would that be Congress passing a bill, and Obama signing it? Or do you mean His Highness?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
We are about to get killed with a rate hike. Wife's job was eliminated and she has since become so Ill she can no longer physically work. I truly have no idea how I am going to make the ends meet. I already have a second job and work 7 days a week. We also have her mother leaving with us and have to take care of her needs. Murphy's Law I guess. I'd hoped the ACA would've been blown out of the water by now but it is here to stay.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
We get ours through PEEHIP (my wife is a teacher in an Alabama school system). So far no rate hike, but our fellow citizens are paying for it. I don't see how the shortfall is going to allowed to continue long.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.