Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. Vandy****

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Just lost at home to a team starting 3 freshman and that was 3-8 in the league. And Grant really does not seem to care. I hope Bill Battle or someone makes the move. This program is simply done at the present time.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just lost at home to a team starting 3 freshman and that was 3-8 in the league. And Grant really does not seem to care. I hope Bill Battle or someone makes the move. This program is simply done at the present time.
Vandy was the #13 team in the league and this was their first conference road victory..

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I doubt we can entice a high profile coach, but we should be able to lure someone with a proven track record to our program. Does AD BB just not have the energy, or not want to do the right thing?
Seems all our AD cares about is football. Even there, seeing how he has snipped with Saban about students staying/leaving late in games, I wonder of his real motives as AD. Regaedless, if Jr tells him Grant goes, Grant is fired.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
How 'bout this language for staying on message:
Grant's gotta go.

Most appropriate language for putting a fine point on it came from the ESPN announcer as the first half came to anther miscoached calamitous conclusion:
"What an implosion by Alabama!!!"

That - with the three exclamation points in his voice - was enough to send me to bed. And one can only hope it was the 911 call that was heard by those in authority who can respond to the sorry, sordid, imploding state of Alabama basketball.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
this may be the first post i've ever made on the b-ball board, and it could be my last.

i'm from the richmond, va. area and i was thrilled when anthony grant went to bama after his impressive run at VCU (which has now been totally eclipsed by shaka smart).

sadly, grant's tenure at the capstone has produced total mediocrity.

it's time for the university to start looking for a new coach.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I agree (About the Grant Part)! :biggrin:

this may be the first post i've ever made on the b-ball board, and it could be my last.

i'm from the richmond, va. area and i was thrilled when anthony grant went to bama after his impressive run at VCU (which has now been totally eclipsed by shaka smart).

sadly, grant's tenure at the capstone has produced total mediocrity.

it's time for the university to start looking for a new coach.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
From my experience it's not really what you say but how you say it. JMO..
I'll add my 2 cents. It also makes a difference on which thread is being posted to.

A game thread in basketball usually changes to a post-game thread rather than a new thread being created. The postgame thread is still basically focused on the specific game. While there is some drift to the future of Bama basketball and Coach Grant during the postgame portion, there is another thread already up and running that is the perfect location for posting discussions about the status and future of Coach Grand and Alabama basketball. You just have to know when to transition to the other thread...:cool:

The Future of Alabama Basketball

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.