J. Winston's Impressive Physique

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Physique means little when it comes to quarterbacks. Two players come to mind Tom Brady and for us geezers, Sonny Jurgensen. They are 2 of the best passers ever in the NFL.
Jurgensen had a big ole gut on him from what I have seen on NFL network and my dad always talked about him.

I think Rapist Winston will have the same type career as Ryan Leaf on and off the field.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
And? Did you read the link? Early January so probably 6 weeks ago- right after the holidays. Read the link and it will make more sense to you..
I read mid-January but if it was early January, he played in the playoff game on 1/1 with that physique. That was when he should have been in prime condition. This QB coach may get him into shape for the combine but his lack of conditioning while playing has to concern NFL teams along with all of his other baggage.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Physique means little when it comes to quarterbacks. Two players come to mind Tom Brady and for us geezers, Sonny Jurgensen. They are 2 of the best passers ever in the NFL.
And Billy Kilmer, the Skins seemed to like hefty QB's who liked the good life, but they were nails when it counted.

I don't see JW having much success in the league, doubt that he'll be prepared mentally or physically
and won't be mentally or physically tough enough when he starts getting physically beaten up.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
And Billy Kilmer, the Skins seemed to like hefty QB's who liked the good life, but they were nails when it counted.

I don't see JW having much success in the league, doubt that he'll be prepared mentally or physically
and won't be mentally or physically tough enough when he starts getting physically beaten up.

You are showing my age, Tommy. :wink:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
They actually frown on QB's that are to ripped. Remember Brady Quinn he was an example of a guy being to ripped according to NFL people. I actually will be surprised if J. Winston is a bust due to on field problems. Off field that we can talk about. It's like boxers the ones that look more imposing seldom are the best fighters.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Allow me to remind you guys abiut how "fat" Eddie lacy was a couple years ago. Right b4 winning rookie of the year, then making the pro bowl.
Totally different situation - that was a weird camera angle that, with pads (not shirtless), made EL looks out of shape.

There's no camera angles, pads, or even a shirt to hide how out of shape Rapeis is.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Totally different situation - that was a weird camera angle that, with pads (not shirtless), made EL looks out of shape.

There's no camera angles, pads, or even a shirt to hide how out of shape Rapeis is.
Or, in other words, this is Andre running the 40.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
"No, Honey........it's the leash that make my belly look that way. Huh? Oh, you're right. I forgot I took it off......."

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
lol When I saw the title of this thread I already knew it was going to be something similar to that image.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I will be so glad when he is a has been! But it's looking like the Buc's are going to take him as they cut McCowm a few weeks ago.

now I'm gonna have to hear about this punk every day. One good thing, ask bad as their OLine is & Recievers he won't last long. I hope.
PLEASE Bucs, take him and leave Mariotta on the board. The Bucs are a train wreck of an organization with a losing culture. And with all the bars and strip clubs near the stadium along Dale Mabry, temptation will not be far away. If he comes to Tampa, his career will be short and undistinguished. Just like he deserves.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.