****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. AU****

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Great win last night! Doesn't do much for us from a tournament standpoint, but it's always personally vindicating to sweep your biggest rival. It's all out in front of us now. We have to win out on a 6 game win streak to even get on the bubble, and we'll probably have to at least get to the semis in the SEC tourney to have a real shot. Everything from last night seemed encouraging, but there is a huge difference between looking good against a team like Auburn, and beating UGA, Ole Miss, and TAMU in the final 5 games. Here's hoping for a miracle run!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Just enjoy the victory and let's not worry about whether CAG is going to be rehired or fired.
I agree, but there are people who hoped we would lose to hasten Grant's exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Honestly, I wish we would stop talking about CAG's job situation. We need to be proud of our team and how they handled the game last night. We need to focus on remaining games on the schedule... we'll discuss the CAG's job situation later.... I truly believe it has become distraction for the players... they hear it on twitter, on board and on campus...It's not fair.... Let's give them what they deserve: a praise for the game they won last night.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I wouldn't have believed the difference a healthy Retin would make...
He fooled me. He has handled the ball while dribbling and passing much better recently. I had about given up on Obasohan providing significant offense and ball handling. I thought Tarrant was the correct choice for more playing time. Tarrant has shown the ability to play defense but not like Obasohan and not consistenly either.

Also, I did not realize that Obasohan has a better 3-point shooting percentage (but not near as many attempts) than Tarrant and about the same field goal percentage overall. He still bricks his free throws though... :(

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Hoping Obasohan is waking up this morning feeling really good about himself and the team last night, great performance. I loved LOVED seeing him stand up to the Barn's Mason or whoever the big muscle mad is, Retin stood right in his face, didn't move. BAMM! That's what I'm talking about, CAG gets a T, Retin stands tall, dudes make shots, steals at the end all = a win!

One consistent I'm seeing tho is Cooper in on every debacle at the end of the games. Whether he is throwing in or catching, he just blows it in the last minute of so, please someone tell him to stop it!!!

I think we'll have a better end to our season if we quit worrying about CAG and his job! Let's just win....

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
The thing that I enjoyed was that we pushed the ball up the floor and took some shots when we had the to take. I'd rather watch us play this tempo and lose than to watch us run the clock down, take a bad shot and lose. This was a good win last night for our young men. It was also nice to see CAG get a T and show some emotion on the court.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wonder what will happen now that Tarrant will return soon... Will Coleman return back to the bench? I personally think coleman should go back to the bench, He's not going to lose significant playing time, but He can provide " spark" and he can rotate in and out for Levi, Tarrant, and Retin.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The thing that I enjoyed was that we pushed the ball up the floor and took some shots when we had the to take. I'd rather watch us play this tempo and lose than to watch us run the clock down, take a bad shot and lose. This was a good win last night for our young men. It was also nice to see CAG get a T and show some emotion on the court.
I agree with you. One of my friends who listened to the radio broadcast said Passink said CAG and staff told the players to take some shots if they were open and not to worry about it if they missed or took an early shot and it appeared that is how they played last night. Hopefully it is a trend.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I agree with you. One of my friends who listened to the radio broadcast said Passink said CAG and staff told the players to take some shots if they were open and not to worry about it if they missed or took an early shot and it appeared that is how they played last night. Hopefully it is a trend.
Guess Levi needed to be reminded at halftime.

It worked.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
We as a fan should always root for the team to succeed, not to fail...
This and statements like it in this post are essentially the most important statements that should be made. I'll admit the stacking losses have an "on the bright side" vibe for me, but I can never bring myself to actually pull against the Tide, in anything, against anybody, and that's especially true against Auburn and the coach most of us are wringing hands over at least in secret.

There are some "bigger than this game" positives and negatives to take away. The positives are that after the inaugural (poor) showing against Pearl's Wisconsin-Milwaukee team in the 2005 tournament, Gottfried/Grant's teams have played well and won the majority of games against Pearl, even when he was in his height at UT. I hope when/if a change is made, we can continue to have his number. The obvious positives are that Bama is going to match up well with most teams that are no bigger than it is (but Auburn just happens to be one of the few that has as absent of a post-game as us); it also is going to win a lot of games where it shoots a 45% clip from beyond the arc.
The biggest negative is that a showing like that is the exception, not the rule. Better shooting can basically bail out a lot of the same problems that aren't going anywhere... and if we have a set play to at least attempt in the last 15 seconds of any regulation clock, I'd need to see proof of it.

Beating Auburn is always good (if we had another road win in us on the season, last night was the time for it), but as many of you have also said, I'm not reading too much into it.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
After belatedly joining the "Grant - sadly - must go" camp, I stayed away from the Awbarn game thread, and am enjoying a prolonged "Enjoy beating the Barn" mini celebration.

Another day - until the next game - to enjoy it. Something to like in a not-great season. Getting close to fun!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.