State dept spokes person says ISIS needs jobs to end radicalism

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The idea isn't entirely without merit. These people need something to do after all this is over, otherwise we'll be back for round two after a few decades.

I know. Let's tell them they can all come to the US and we'll give them jobs here. After all, there are plenty of jobs here, right? And we'd all be happy as a clam having them live next door to us, right??

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
The coke bottle glasses spokesperson (as opposed to the Big Necklace spokesperson) is being roundly ridiculed for this (even by Chris Matthews).

Does a job really matter to people whose marketable skills include blowing up oilfields and burning people alive?

On the other hand, we do need an army of IRS agents to enforce Obamacare.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
Ummmm, most of these isis fighters joining from outside countries (one's we really have to worry about) come from upper middle class families. They don't want or need a job. This administration needs to be kicked out on their arse.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I may be in the minority here, but the current trajectory of events has some merits. It is getting radicalized schmucks out of the US and Europe and into the open where they can be killed easily. I hope this lasts for years, maybe decades. When its over, all the radicalized islamo-fascist schmucks will have jobs pushing up daisies (or since I never saw a daisy in Syria or Iraq, pushing up sand particles).
If we "win" and stop fighting them, the survivors might want to come back to the US or Europe. I don't really want any of them back. Ever. I just want all of them dead.

I heard a commentator contrast these guys and the Nazis: the Nazis were embarrassed by their atrocities and tried to hide them. These guys are proud of their atrocities.

Last edited:

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
I may be in the minority here, but the current trajectory of events has some merits. It is getting radicalized schmucks out of the US and Europe and into the open where they can be killed easily. I hope this lasts for years, maybe decades. When its over, all the radicalized islamo-fascist schmucks will have jobs pushing up daisies (or since I never saw a daisy in Syria or Iraq, pushing up sand particles).
If we "win" and stop fighting them, the survivors might want to come back to the US or Europe. I don't really want any of them back. Ever. I just want all of them dead.

I heard a commentator contrast these guys and the Nazis: the Nazis were embarrassed by their atrocities and tried to hide them. These guys are proud of their atrocities.
It's doubtful they are leaving the US and Europe in large numbers, but what is likely is that a good bit of them are being radacalized here and on their home soil. Especially when you have this administration basically helping isis grow with their inactions and verbage.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Why in the hell do people still believe this dribble about terrorists being spawned by poor economic conditions. OBL - educated and rich. Many of his underlings - educated and relatively wealthy. Many ISIS recruits - from middle class families. They aren't inspired by being poor. They are inspired by a sick ideology. As distasteful as it is, these guys support the cause and want to be a part of it. They may be fooled by the romanticism of war and find reality a disappointment, but they aren't fooled by the ideology. They embrace it. Not because it gives them a job. Because they believe it. But Obama and his looney lackies still buy the long discredited theory.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It's doubtful they are leaving the US and Europe in large numbers, but what is likely is that a good bit of them are being radacalized here and on their home soil. Especially when you have this administration basically helping isis grow with their inactions and verbage.
The State Department says that 12,000 foreign fighters have fought in Iraq and Syria.
The BBC says "3,000 European fighters" have joined ISIS as of September 2014.

A January 2015 estimate from Radio Free Europe breaks down fighters by home (sending) country:
Germany: 500-600.
France: 1,200
UK: 600
Sweden: 250-300 (Sweden?!?!)
Russia: 800-1,500 (includes Chechnya)
Bosnia: 340 (CNN's favorite European country)
US: 100+
Australia: 100+

Not a majority, but a significant portion.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Why in the hell do people still believe this dribble about terrorists being spawned by poor economic conditions. OBL - educated and rich. Many of his underlings - educated and relatively wealthy. Many ISIS recruits - from middle class families. They aren't inspired by being poor. They are inspired by a sick ideology. As distasteful as it is, these guys support the cause and want to be a part of it. They may be fooled by the romanticism of war and find reality a disappointment, but they aren't fooled by the ideology. They embrace it. Not because it gives them a job. Because they believe it. But Obama and his looney lackies still buy the long discredited theory.
I think it "fits the narrative." Never let a crisis go to waste. If you can use it to further the statist agenda, do so.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
If I'm am nominated as Sec. Of Defense I promise to hire them to pick up the body parts after the best military in the world annihilates IS from the right edge of SW Asia to the coast of West Africa. This is my solemn pledge.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I was just about to post this. There is no jobs program that will overcome Islamic apocalyptic ideology and 70 virgins in paradise.
OK, so you're telling me if they get to choose between (A) 40 acres and a mule or (B) 70 virgins they won't go for the farm? LOL

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
70 virgins? It used to be 72, didn't it?

I guess falling oil prices are having an effect.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.