just so y'all see the uga nonsense we have to deal with in the offseason

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Forgot this one as well:

Who was responsible for the burning of Atlanta in 1864 and the subsequent March to the Sea in 1865 that left much of the State of Georgia in ruins?

1) General Joseph Johnston 2) Brian Williams 3) a relative of Nick Saban 4) Lincoln

Answer: A relative of Nick Saban. In 1864, the great, great grandfather of Nick Saban, General William Tecumseh Saban, devised a plan of total war against the Confederacy via a "scorched earth policy". While some blame Confederate General Johnston for his lack of a strategic offensive plan to thwart W.T. Saban's advance and Brian Williams lays claim to have devised the plan at meeting with General U.S. Grant and Lincoln in the spring of 1864, it was the senior Saban that brought this devious plan to fruition.

As many will note, history does have a tendency to repeat itself as Nick Saban unleashed the same type of devastation to the state of Georgia and Atlanta beginning in 2007 with notorious use "over signing" in recruiting.....

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I once lined my bird cage with the AJC. Then the canary died 4 days later of severe constipation because he refused to crap on it.....
Good line. But in the mid 80s, it was one of the best papers in the country, with a sports staff that included Kindred, Barnhart, Mortensen et al. Sunday morning was a treat. Now? A sad joke of what it used to be.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Good line. But in the mid 80s, it was one of the best papers in the country, with a sports staff that included Kindred, Barnhart, Mortensen et al. Sunday morning was a treat. Now? A sad joke of what it used to be.
I remember those days as well. Loved Barnhart's columns. Usually stuff was pretty much on target. Unfortunately, today's journalists care little about reporting or investigating. It's about sensationalism and making themselves "the story".

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I remember those days as well. Loved Barnhart's columns. Usually stuff was pretty much on target. Unfortunately, today's journalists care little about reporting or investigating. It's about sensationalism and making themselves "the story".
Fraction of the original staffs, and a new coin of the realm: hits.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I noticed they didn't ask two of the most important questions & those two questions are which SEC HC has the most NC's in college football, and has the most top rated recruiting classes as a SEC HC in the last 10yrs..Of course Coach Saban has & those are the two most important questions to me..LOL..I hope they keep Saint Richt as their HC for the next 20yrs..Cause with the right HC Georgia could be playing for the NC every year like Alabama, as long a Saint Richt is their HC, they will be a descent football program, but, will never be a consistent NC contender..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.