Question: "American Sniper" trial

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Anybody following it? Defense has rested, shooter will not take the stand. What do you think will be the outcome?
IMO, the shooter clearly has a few screws lose but I dont think he will meet the legal definition of insanity but I think this could still go either way.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
From what I've read, he's admitted that he knew killing them was wrong, which I would think blows the insanity defense out of the water, particularly in Texas.
Exactly although I guess the defense could maybe argue that if he was insane, his statements saying that he knew what he did was wrong could be discounted as those made by an insane person.:confused: Maybe some of the solicitors here could weigh in.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
This idiot kills 2 people then drives Kyle's truck to taco bell and then admits on camera, he knew what he did was wrong. Good news is, if they are going for the death penalty, the trial is in Texas... with any justice, this animal will be put down.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
This idiot kills 2 people then drives Kyle's truck to taco bell and then admits on camera, he knew what he did was wrong. Good news is, if they are going for the death penalty, the trial is in Texas... with any justice, this animal will be put down.
He has a death sentence waiting for him regardless. I think they are seeking life in a conviction. Unless they put him in solitary hell will be his on the tick tock.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Guilty. Life, no parole
Yep. Under the Texas definition, the defense didn't have a chance. He would have had the better chance of survival in the hospital for the criminally insane. Even hardened criminals have heroes, usually people bigger and tougher than they. He's going into a facility packed with people who already hate his guts. I don't know which would be worse, a life of constant solitary, living in the cuckoo's nest or death...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Yep. Under the Texas definition, the defense didn't have a chance. He would have had the better chance of survival in the hospital for the criminally insane. Even hardened criminals have heroes, usually people bigger and tougher than they. He's going into a facility packed with people who already hate his guts. I don't know which would be worse, a life of constant solitary, living in the cuckoo's nest or death...
There is a big part of me that wants to go ISIS on him, but the more I think about it, half a century waiting for three meals in solitary would pretty damn torturous.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Marcus Luttrell on Twitter:
Marcus Luttrell
Justice served for Chris and the Littlefield family. To Eddie Ray Routh, you thought you had PTSD before .?? Wait till the boys in TDC Find out you killed a TX hero.
Txfrog

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Marcus Luttrell on Twitter:
He's probably not long for this world. What he did was awful and I cannot imagine a death horrible enough for the guy who murdered Kyle. "I was insane" doesn't cover it for me. You know what, Slick? You should have gotten help. There is plenty of help available for ex-service members suffering from PTSD, etc. You opted not to access that help. Instead you murdered a guy that was trying to help you.
That said, I don't know if I would have taken a mentally unstable ex-Marine to a shooting range. Maybe, under very, very controlled conditions (like rope tying the muzzle to the shed/walls so the rifle could only be pointed down range).
When he gets shanked in prison, I promise not to shed too many tears.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.