NFL Combine 2015

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It would be. There rookie QB played very well last year considering what they had around him. The Raiders will continue getting better
with as many top 5 draft picks as the Raiders have had recently, they should be an extraordinarily good team. they are always terrible and that is why they are picking 4th

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I actually think Sims could make it as a qb,he might not set the woods on fire but he'll make it, Marshall on the other hand , can't throw an accurate ball to save his life.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I don't think Emmett Smith ever ran a fast 40 and he did OK,so there is hope for slow rb 40s.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I agree he did but today he was clearly not as sharp as the rest. If you want to want to throw your best today is the day to do it.
Depends on who you ask. Some General Managers put more emphasis on game film over what happens on the combine. BTW, I don't Marshall will make it as a QB.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Depends on who you ask. Some General Managers put more emphasis on game film over what happens on the combine. BTW, I don't Marshall will make it as a QB.
Mike Mayock continued to say teams don't necessarily care about the throws from the combine because the QBs aren't familiar with the WRs' speed. He said the teams want to see footwork more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I finally turned off the TV and just followed the results on-line. I got tired of listening to their "analysts" not analyzing the combine and cutting away from the combine to themselves as they discussed more nothing. This same group did the combine coverage last year and I don't remember it being such a waste of time.

At both QB and WR, the best two of each group remained clearly the best two with a solid gap between them and the rest of the pack - Cooper and White at WR and Mariota and Winston at QB. At RB, no one stepped out as any better than they looked on tape - in fact, most proved to be slower than expected.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I've actually been really impressed so far. Mariota established himself early on as the best athlete of the quarterbacks, which it shocked me that he was virtually a full step faster than Marshall and Sims. Plus he has thrown with nice touch all over the field.

Even Winston has looked better than I expected. His timing and touch have been spot on. He looks fit and focused, but still reasonably loose.

Looking at this qb class, I don't see a single one with elite potential. However, I see a few that could be solid starters for a quite few years.
This QB class is EXTREMELY top heavy. Probably the weakest there has been in years. Outside of JW and MM, nobody is even close to a first round pick. IMO. Everyone else seems destined as a backup. I could be wrong though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I saw this video live yesterday and thought Coop was improperly identified. Appears he was. Link

Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper ran a blazing 40-yard dash with an official time of 4.42 seconds on Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine. Cooper's second attempt was the seventh-fastest 40 time by a wide receiver in Indianapolis.

But the former Crimson Tide receiver's biggest competition ahead of the 2015 NFL Draft, West Virginia wide out Kevin White, ran a faster time, being officially clocked at 4.35 seconds in the 40 for the third-fastest time by a receiver.

However, the NFL Network produced a simulcast video of Cooper, White and Louisville wide out DeVante Parker, who ran a time of 4.45 seconds, running the 40 at the same time. Check out the video below:

Rich Eisen and Mike Mayock of the NFL Network are speaking during the video, and Eisen labels the receivers in order from first to last as Parker, White and Cooper. But that appears to be incorrect, as the receiver pulling up the rear in the simulcast is wearing a No. 35 shirt. Cooper was the No. 9 receiver at the NFL Combine. Parker was No. 35, while White was No. 43. Those shirt numbers are based off the alphabetical order of the players' last names.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.