NFL Combine 2015

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
"A defensive linemen named Beasley" Lol someone only watches Alabama games
Meh, I saw Clemson play a couple of games this year, but I have enough trouble keeping up with our players names to worry about others. He is impressive though in the game film they're showing.

Just saw his stats, 6-3 246. He's more like an outside LB than a defensive lineman. Reminds me a little of DT with that speed rush.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
A defensive lineman named Beasley clocked a 4.53 40. Pretty scary when D-linemen are outrunning QBs.
Depending on the team that drafts Vic Beasley, he can be a DE or OLB. I believe Mayock might have described him as an "edge rusher" instead of DE or OLB since he can play either at 6'3, 248.

LSU's Danielle Hunter ran a 4.57 and 4.58. That's booking it for a 6-foot-5, 252-pound DL.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hate to break it to you guys but Coop is a lead pipe lock to the Raiders. Not exactly a big secret.
Maybe, but anything can happen. Money talks. Remember the Falcons deal to get Julio? Would anyone argue they made a sound financial decision? Coop will be a star and any team in need of a game changing receiver and the rocks to trade up to get him will look like a genius in a couple of years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Maybe, but anything can happen. Money talks. Remember the Falcons deal to get Julio? Would anyone argue they made a sound financial decision? Coop will be a star and any team in need of a game changing receiver and the rocks to trade up to get him will look like a genius in a couple of years.
The Raiders need a franchise WR to go with the guy they believe to be their franchise QB. Coop fits that mold. If a team tries to trade up for him, Oakland will ask a very, very, very high price. The team will have to trade up to #2 or #3.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Believe it or not Oakland might not be the worse place for Coop to go. They actually have a respectable HC and a decent QB..

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Believe it or not Oakland might not be the worse place for Coop to go. They actually have a respectable HC and a decent QB..
exactly. they have to start somewhere and they got Mack last year on defense as well. With Carr and Cooper, the offense will be on the right track. I'd bet he's one of the best in the league in fewest sacks taken last season. He gets the ball out quick. Amari would put up big numbers. those first 2 picks they made last season were good picks.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
That's interesting.
Doesn't bode well for Blake to make a roster if he isn't willing to do a quick workout at RB for the teams that could have potentially drafted him at that position.His mindset should be to get into the league however he can..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I read Brandt's tweet to say he read another tweet that said Blake didn't participate. The "all 28 players" makes me believe Brandt knows/thinks Blake did workout as a running back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I read Brandt's tweet to say he read another tweet that said Blake didn't participate. The "all 28 players" makes me believe Brandt knows/thinks Blake did workout as a running back.

In the Brandt tweet it says that Blake didn't work out as a RB..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Brandt says he saw a tweet saying so. Then, he says "all 28." So did "all 28" but Blake do an abbreviated workout?

Brandt said in his tweet that Blake didn't have a workout at RB. I think he was making the point that every other player that was asked to work out at another position did. That's how I read it at least..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Updating a previous item, Josh Norris has learned Blake Sims will only go through QB drills.

It was previously reported that Sims would go through both QB and RB drills. It is not uncommon for teams to request players go through multiple positions, but that usually occurs for edge rushers. Sims has been viewed by some as a RB and a WR, especially early in his Alabama career.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/39817/update-blake-sims-will-stick-with-qb-drills

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Updating a previous item, Josh Norris has learned Blake Sims will only go through QB drills.

It was previously reported that Sims would go through both QB and RB drills. It is not uncommon for teams to request players go through multiple positions, but that usually occurs for edge rushers. Sims has been viewed by some as a RB and a WR, especially early in his Alabama career.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/39817/update-blake-sims-will-stick-with-qb-drills

Yea, Blake should have worked out at whatever position any team wanted to see him at. Big mistake on his part IMO..

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
First off, I haven't really been following the combine.
Regarding Blake and the tweet from Brandt:
I read it that Blake didn't work at RB, and that there were 28 players who were requested to work at 2 positions and they all did. That leads me to believe he wasn't requested to work at RB. Am I missing something?
Was the "report" that Blake was going to work at two positions based on something official or was it just supposition?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.