NFL Combine 2015

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Yeah, White is getting more love right now because he has more upside than Coop, but folks also admit Coop is the more polished receiver.

I don't think the Saints would take Coop. They have some other positions of need, primarily every defensive position.
@ #13? Are you serious? EVERY team would take Cooper at 13 if he were still there. He won't be. You could buy whatever need you had if you had a Cooper to trade for him. Cooper will go ahead of White for the simple fact that he had 3 years of consistent production and can do everything White can do. If Davis were still alive I might be able to see them passing on Cooper for White, but he ain't and they won't.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@ #13? Are you serious? EVERY team would take Cooper at 13 if he were still there. He won't be. You could buy whatever need you had if you had a Cooper to trade for him. Cooper will go ahead of White for the simple fact that he had 3 years of consistent production and can do everything White can do. If Davis were still alive I might be able to see them passing on Cooper for White, but he ain't and they won't.
What good is Amari Cooper to the Saints if their defense still gives up 384 yards and 26.5 points per game? They need major help on the defensive side of the ball.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
What good is Amari Cooper to the Saints if their defense still gives up 384 yards and 26.5 points per game? They need major help on the defensive side of the ball.
I'm just saying that a player of that caliber still being around would invite tons of calls from teams that would likely trade a defensive player for the pick. Given the cap situation I bet the Saints would take Coop. Colston is 31 and set to make 15 million over the next two year. That would have Coop receive a 4 year contract at 10-11 million dollars. Would you rather pay Coop 2.5 per year and have 4 years guaranteed or Colston 15 million for 2 years at age 31? Just asking.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm just saying that a player of that caliber still being around would invite tons of calls from teams that would likely trade a defensive player for the pick. Given the cap situation I bet the Saints would take Coop. Colston is 31 and set to make 15 million over the next two year. That would have Coop receive a 4 year contract at 10-11 million dollars. Would you rather pay Coop 2.5 per year and have 4 years guaranteed or Colston 15 million for 2 years at age 31? Just asking.
I can see them trading the pick if someone wants Coop, but their defensive needs are too great to draft an offensive guy. Not to mention why draft Coop after spending your first round pick the previous year on Brandin Cooks?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.