NFL Combine 2015

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Brandt said in his tweet that Blake didn't have a workout at RB. I think he was making the point that every other player that was asked to work out at another position did. That's how I read it at least..
I see what you mean now. Makes me wonder where the original report originated since Brandt suggests Blake wasn't requested to workout at running back, especially with the talk of several organizations believing he's better at running back or wide receiver.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Philosophical moment: Anybody else remember the Under Armor game where Landon committed? I remember watching it live when his mom upstaged him, and now he's running his forty time in the NFL combine. Time surely does fly...

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Philosophical moment: Anybody else remember the Under Armor game where Landon committed? I remember watching it live when his mom upstaged him, and now he's running his forty time in the NFL combine. Time surely does fly...
And when you reach a certain age, time gets jet engines strapped to its back. :frown:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Landon ran unofficial 40 times of 4.54 and 4.53. Very good times.

Video of both runs
I've noticed that most Mocks have him plummeting. He had been a consensus top 10 pick and now most have him in the teens and 20s. I even saw some that had him in the 2nd round. I can't believe with as many teams as need help at safety would let the BEST safety of the draft just linger. Just don't see it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I've noticed that most Mocks have him plummeting. He had been a consensus top 10 pick and now most have him in the teens and 20s. I even saw some that had him in the 2nd round. I can't believe with as many teams as need help at safety would let the BEST safety of the draft just linger. Just don't see it.
I have seen a couple that have him in the second round. I don't get it either.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Many are doubting his cover skills. Great in the box against the run but in space he can have his problems. I still believe he will go in the 1st round.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
With 8 teams that need immediate help at safety I just don't see any scenario where the most NFL-ready safety gets ignored for 32 picks.
I'm not saying he'll slide to the second round, but it depend on the type of S a team needs - if those 8 are wanting a true Free Safety type that can play centerfield, then collins might not be what they want. Pure in the box Safeties are not in as much need, kinda like RBs and big thumper LBs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I agree. These so called experts are wrong more than the are right.
To their credit, all it takes is one team making a complete surprise for a mock draft to be ruined. Plus, most guys will tell you not to pay attention to their mock draft and more to their draft grades or rankings.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
To their credit, all it takes is one team making a complete surprise for a mock draft to be ruined. Plus, most guys will tell you not to pay attention to their mock draft and more to their draft grades or rankings.
sure the Raiders and Jets are always good for a shocker

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Believe it or not Oakland might not be the worse place for Coop to go. They actually have a respectable HC and a decent QB..
Ive been reading and hearing that Kevin White maybe the Raiders guy at #5. So that means Cooper slides a bit further....

I'd like to see Cooper end up with the Saints at #13.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ive been reading and hearing that Kevin White maybe the Raiders guy at #5. So that means Cooper slides a bit further....

I'd like to see Cooper end up with the Saints at #13.
Yeah, White is getting more love right now because he has more upside than Coop, but folks also admit Coop is the more polished receiver.

I don't think the Saints would take Coop. They have some other positions of need, primarily every defensive position.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.