Rolando facing suspension per ESPN; re-signs with Cowboys for 1 year / $3M

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Re: Rolando facing suspension per ESPN

Yeah, because Rolando has been model citizen until now and represented the University so well until now.

Bleed on the field for UA. -lol

The dude is making millions of dollars because he was born with God given talent to PLAY A GAME. Forgive me if I'm not running up to rally behind him saying "You hang in there big guy, and make the most of your 53rd chance!" If it makes me disloyal to realize that somebody is an idiot that is squandering a golden opportunity then so be it...
Bleeding on the field was a bad way to put it but he got on the field with broken bones and played half his last season with a torn hamstring. He may have his demons to deal with that he may never beat but the dude was a warrior while at Alabama.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Was it marijuana related? Because if it was marijuana related, it's not like the man murdered two people and tried to hide their bodies.
Tell me about it. Heck, the way things are headed ganga will be legal in a couple of years anyway.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Was it marijuana related? Because if it was marijuana related, it's not like the man murdered two people and tried to hide their bodies.
Hey, get your facts straight. OJ didn't try to hide the bodies, he HID THE MURDER WEAPON!!!!!

And Aaron Hernandez killed three, not two.

:)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Bleeding on the field was a bad way to put it but he got on the field with broken bones and played half his last season with a torn hamstring. He may have his demons to deal with that he may never beat but the dude was a warrior while at Alabama.
If I'm not mistaken, he also had the flu prior to the 2010 BCSNCG against Texas.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Tell me about it. Heck, the way things are headed ganga will be legal in a couple of years anyway.
well alcohol is legal but there are still rules about showing up drunk to your job. so if MJ becomes legal there will still be rules about showing up high to your job

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I've always liked Rolo since he committed to the Tide. Just because he has some difficulties is no reason to throw him under the bus. I hope he will be able to get it all sorted with the NFL.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I think we can all agree Ro needs to be smarter without bashing him into the ground. As for marijuana, the NFL should drop testing altogether. It's not like they are handling heavy machinery. NFL staff and executives aren't tested for recreational drugs. Why are the players?
Are you sure the staff members aren't tested?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

This is not directed at Rolando specifically but all NFL players. These guys in a couple of years will make more than most all of us will make in a life time and they cannot stay within the lines, too freaking bad. Some actually have a degree, some don't, so what are their options after football? They have had a free ride probably since middle school doing what they love, playing a game. When you are making millions, are you concerned with a $50,000 fine and sitting out a few games, hell no. I understand most of these players come from very humble and deprived backgrounds and have a chance to rise above all of this yet they continue to hang with these leaches who can only exist with these players willingness to let them hang on. IMO there is nothing much that can be done to change this and in the final analysis these players get what they deserve.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

This is not directed at Rolando specifically but all NFL players. These guys in a couple of years will make more than most all of us will make in a life time and they cannot stay within the lines, too freaking bad. Some actually have a degree, some don't, so what are their options after football? They have had a free ride probably since middle school doing what they love, playing a game. When you are making millions, are you concerned with a $50,000 fine and sitting out a few games, hell no. I understand most of these players come from very humble and deprived backgrounds and have a chance to rise above all of this yet they continue to hang with these leaches who can only exist with these players willingness to let them hang on. IMO there is nothing much that can be done to change this and in the final analysis these players get what they deserve.
Some people are just so... dumb they don't know any better. I teach at a school in a part of town with lots of kids with no daddies, moms with multiple baby-daddies and not a lot of money. These kids lack what you and I would call common sense. It's incredibly frustrating to try to use logic with many of them - they simply don't understand much more than "I'm going to do what I want to right now and the next moment will take care of itself".

Then, of course, these kids will have their own kids before they turn 20 and the cycle continues.

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA

"one of ours", yes.
We don't, however, have to condone his continuous disregard for the rules and laws of society.
I think Saban and The University have done 'our share' toward helping a guy who continues to demonstrate his refusal to conform to good behavior.

He has to stand on his own, take personal responsibility sometime. That time has come.

Yeah, me too , I'm proud right now too as a Bama fan, at some of our loyalty
. Roll Tide. I've never had to bleed on the field for UA. Have You?

Here's pulling for you Rolando. Whether you like it , or not, he's one of ours and you can dump him or pull for him, but in the end he's one of ours.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

I'm not positive, but I have a feeling Roger Goodell has never had to pee in a cup. I can say that since I graduated college I've had six jobs, and none of them have required a drug test. Frankly, I'd hate to see the results if congressional staff were tested. I
I have had 3 drug tests in the past 3 months at my job....but of course we do it regularly and someone gets tested every month. Of course I am in the Army and well, I would hate to be firing weapons and in combat when my fellow Soldiers are high or drunk. But it happens and they usually lose their job, rehab for some, but some get kicked out.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I'm not positive, but I have a feeling Roger Goodell has never had to pee in a cup. I can say that since I graduated college I've had six jobs, and none of them have required a drug test. Frankly, I'd hate to see the results if congressional staff were tested. I
I would bet the farm that some of those imposing the pot test on the players could not pass the same test themselves.
The players union should demand the same test & standard for the owners and NFL executives.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007

AHMEN bro! I loved Rolondo, but the dude is stupid beyond repair. I cant support crap like that either.
Yeah, because Rolando has been model citizen until now and represented the University so well until now.

Bleed on the field for UA. -lol

The dude is making millions of dollars because he was born with God given talent to PLAY A GAME. Forgive me if I'm not running up to rally behind him saying "You hang in there big guy, and make the most of your 53rd chance!" If it makes me disloyal to realize that somebody is an idiot that is squandering a golden opportunity then so be it...

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

Ro is responsible for his actions don't get me wrong, but I sure would like to see some of this hit the agents pocket book.

Teams are doing what they can & it seems the only one skating is the agents because they already got paid & just get another stud.

Didnt Ro lead the team in tackles last year?

My guess is he took something he should not have to get better, st least I hope thats it..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

For those wondering, ESPN is reporting Ro signed a 1 year deal worth $3 million plus another $1 million available through play-time incentives with the Cowboys.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.