Rolando facing suspension per ESPN; re-signs with Cowboys for 1 year / $3M

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Re: Rolando facing suspension per ESPN

It is a 4 game fine not a 4 game suspension YET.

The suspension could affect the type of contract McClain receives even if it will not keep him off the field to start the 2015 season. The sources said McClain is appealing the fine. According to the league's new substance abuse policy, a player is fined for a third failed test. Another failed test would be a four-game suspension.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

Doesn't say what he failed for. Wonder if he took something to get healthy faster? He was banged up a lot of the season.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

I'm so proud to say that he's from Alabama.......

Yeah, me too , I'm proud right now too as a Bama fan, at some of our loyalty
. Roll Tide. I've never had to bleed on the field for UA. Have You?

Here's pulling for you Rolando. Whether you like it , or not, he's one of ours and you can dump him or pull for him, but in the end he's one of ours.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Unless someone in McClain's camp releases the details, we will probably never find out what drugs he was popped for. The CBA does not allow the NFL to release that data to the public.

Given his time away from the game, I could totally understand him taking PEDs to get back into football shape. I kinda hope that it was PEDs because he can stop that now and get back to just playing the game. If this is for recreational drug use - as much as I am opposed to current drug laws, he signed a contract. Either way - consequences.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I haven't watched the NFL since the Refrigerator back in 85-86 and this is just what I would expect from the NFL.
What does that mean? Until we know the details, let's not act like NFL is to blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Unless someone in McClain's camp releases the details, we will probably never find out what drugs he was popped for. The CBA does not allow the NFL to release that data to the public.

Given his time away from the game, I could totally understand him taking PEDs to get back into football shape. I kinda hope that it was PEDs because he can stop that now and get back to just playing the game. If this is for recreational drug use - as much as I am opposed to current drug laws, he signed a contract. Either way - consequences.
If two of them are pot I'll be ticked. The CBA needs to get that offense chunked, but like you said Rules are Rules.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Here's pulling for you Rolando. Whether you like it , or not, he's one of ours and you can dump him or pull for him, but in the end he's one of ours.
Yeah, because Rolando has been model citizen until now and represented the University so well until now.

Bleed on the field for UA. -lol

The dude is making millions of dollars because he was born with God given talent to PLAY A GAME. Forgive me if I'm not running up to rally behind him saying "You hang in there big guy, and make the most of your 53rd chance!" If it makes me disloyal to realize that somebody is an idiot that is squandering a golden opportunity then so be it...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

What does that mean? Until we know the details, let's not act like NFL is to blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was not blaming the actual NFL, just the players and how in spite of league governance they continue to violate policies set forth by the league.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Was it marijuana related? Because if it was marijuana related, it's not like the man murdered two people and tried to hide their bodies.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Nah -- I gave him plenty of chances......and as much as I loved watching him play -- he's been a horrible representative of the University..... I'm loyal to the University -- but, RM isn't the University....

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I agree 100% with y'all & wish they would just go ahead legalizing pot nationwide..It's been a few years since I smoked pot & honestly I know more folks that smokes pot, than I do that doesn't smoke pot, but, it's illegal & these players have no choice in the matter..They should respect the laws of the land & in the NFL by not smoking the illegal substance..If I could make millions of dollars playing NFL football..You can betcha backside I wouldn't smoke pot & chance losing out on all that NFL $$$$$..
Was it marijuana related? Because if it was marijuana related, it's not like the man murdered two people and tried to hide their bodies.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

I agree 100% with y'all & wish they would just go ahead legalizing pot nationwide..It's been a few years since I smoked pot & honestly I know more folks that smokes pot, than I do that doesn't smoke pot, but, it's illegal & these players have no choice in the matter..They should respect the laws of the land & in the NFL by not smoking the illegal substance..If I could make millions of dollars playing NFL football..You can betcha backside I wouldn't smoke pot & chance losing out on all that NFL $$$$$..
ya, while the act of smoking may not actually be a problem for any one other than the law, the problem is the fact that he can't seem to follow simple rules. You know according to your contract and the teams substance abuse policy that marijuana is forbidden. At that point; no matter the legal status of marijuana on a federal or state level, you simply cannot consume it. Most would simply see it from a black and white perspective, either it's illegal and you should simply avoid it, or there's nothing wrong with it -who cares about the laws?

When marijuana becomes federally legalized, this will be a huge problem for a lot of people, companies, and entities. Are you going to fire an employee for testing positive 4 weeks later for smoking a joint on the weekend, in the comfort and safety of their own home? How do you know if that employee used at work or not? All this legwork in changing policies etc is probably one of the reasons for the continued prohibition.

Regardless, it's the same with Ro as it is for any of us with jobs, use, and risk losing your job. Or invest in better detox methods.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.