****Official Post Game Thread - Bama vs. UGA****

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Played hard but made sloppy plays at times which cost us the game. Also wasnt good from the FT line. Could've closed out the game several times but did not get it done. RTR.

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
We really lost that one at the FT line, but I also don't understand that final inbounds play at all. It's a difficult situation with 1 second, but why draw up a play that has Cooper coming to the right corner? He's left-handed. I understand that play on the other side of the floor. In fact, I like it that way (good fake action, nice attempted double screen). But running it to that side put him in an almost impossible situation. Any pressure at all and he wouldn't be able to get it off. Which he didn't...

Again, bigger reasons we lost, but that play call is puzzling.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
We had to have been at .500 or less at the stripe. Seems like this team could write a book on how to lose winnable games. The question in my mind is, will these results change next year with most of the team returning and a year older and wiser?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I thought Bama started out fairly well offensively but could not hit a shot. Good movement and shot selection during early 1st half before going on the run of mutiple turnovers. Bama "looked" better than UGA even when down by 8 or so early. Alabama missed 15 free throws; I know at least 3 were front ends of 1-and-1 which are worth more than one point.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Lost the game at the foul line. Good effort. Still too many unforced turn overs. Retin had a good game but he missed both FTs at a crucial time. If it ain't one thing it's another!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
We really lost that one at the FT line, but I also don't understand that final inbounds play at all. It's a difficult situation with 1 second, but why draw up a play that has Cooper coming to the right corner? He's left-handed. I understand that play on the other side of the floor. In fact, I like it that way (good fake action, nice attempted double screen). But running it to that side put him in an almost impossible situation. Any pressure at all and he wouldn't be able to get it off. Which he didn't...

Again, bigger reasons we lost, but that play call is puzzling.
Agree, many oppotunities to win. Regarding the last play, I can't remember Bama making a good offensive play after a timeout in a long time.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
What is the records for 1 possession losses by a coach? For not getting a shot off at the end to win a game? I'm sure CAG owns both records.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Maybe the coaches told the players that there was not enough time to do anything but catch and shoot and Cooper forgot. I don't think he was primary but it took a little extra movement to get the ball in.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Glad I didn't get to watch it. Listening on the web was painful enough. Too many blown chances at the FT line, especially on front-ends. There is no excuse for that.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
This one didn't have quite the same tenor that recent close ones have had in that it wasn't a collapse. Just a back-and-forth game with a team of comparable talent and better proportion. It's just additionally frustrating in that when you get some clutch shots and (somewhat) better rebounding, we falter in something that has been a strength at home in FTs.

I think it is very telling personally I watched the last sequence silently, changed channels right after like it was no big deal and went to put another log on the fire. I remember back when a game like that would ruin a night.

Nice to see Norris finding some confidence in his shot, and hopefully Obosahan finishes strongly and consistently given the last few.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
This many close last possession losses has nothing to do with fate or luck. They are the result of the coaching currently at the Capstone. Feel bad for the kids but how long do the real fans of Alabama basketball have to tolerate this torture? How many ways can a team lose close games? 15 missed free throws and 51 percent from the line? Just unbelievable- and it never ends. It is time for a change- even if it a wrong change.
Thus the refrain, Grant us this day another inevitable defeat...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.