Number change - Ronnie Clark changing to #5 - position change sticking?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Nudie's recruiting profile from Rivals lists him at 6' and 240. Bo is listed at 6'2 and 235 on the team site. He doesn't really have to "grow" into the position.

He can play the Nudie role because of his size and athleticism. Matter of fact, he can be a better Nudie because of his athletic abilities.
last year fowler was around 255-260 though. he did a LOT of growing after he hurt his knee, and he also lost a half a step of quickness. Bo's also way, way faster than fowler was coming out of HS.

that said, it's entirely possible we see a completely different style of play out of the H position this year. Kiffen proved last year that he'd put any skill player at any spot to create the look he wants. Cooper and Bell lined up at RB, Drake and yeldon both split wide. No reason we wouldn't see someone like Bo lined up at H, but I don't think he'd be used like fowler.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Nudie's recruiting profile from Rivals lists him at 6' and 240. Bo is listed at 6'2 and 235 on the team site. He doesn't really have to "grow" into the position.

He can play the Nudie role because of his size and athleticism. Matter of fact, he can be a better Nudie because of his athletic abilities.
I just feel like Fowler looks thicker than Bo. I think of him as a bowling ball knocking over pins. Almost all of Bo`s highlight video showed him outrunning people rather than running them over.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I just feel like Fowler looks thicker than Bo. I think of him as a bowling ball knocking over pins. Almost all of Bo`s highlight video showed him outrunning people rather than running them over.
According to rolltide.com, Nudie was 6'1 and 248 this season. He measured 5'11 and 258 at the combine, though. He's more of a bowling ball than Bo because of his height. The weight can be the same, but Nudie being shorter makes him thicker.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Methinks Bo will be carrying the ball, not blocking for someone else who is.
I see what you are trying to say but me thinks if Bo does not block he will not be on the field much. I think the fastest way for Bo to be a big contributor is at the H-back position since he also has good receiving skills. He can get some reps at RB this year but not as many as he could at HB IMO.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I could see him used in multiple ways under Kiffin. If Drake isn't 100% Bo could play that position if he's quick enough. He's one of the best athleats on the team right now so the coaches need to get him involved somewhere.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I see what you are trying to say but me thinks if Bo does not block he will not be on the field much. I think the fastest way for Bo to be a big contributor is at the H-back position since he also has good receiving skills. He can get some reps at RB this year but not as many as he could at HB IMO.
whether it's at Hback or not, you're 100&% right that if he won't block, he won't be on the field - that's what has always kept the younger RBs from stepping up as quickly. Gotta be able to pass pro.

one of two things will happen at Hback - both of them mean it will look different than it did last year. We'll either have a situation that is like running two tight ends like we used to, or the Hback will be more spread out as a passing option or as a sweep option and not really the hammer that fowler was last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.