winter weather alert: The Sky is Falling!!!!!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I grew up in northern Illinois and I remember many days having to get on the bus to go to school when there were several feet of snow on the ground. It was no big deal there. Then I remember when I was in the army at Ft. Benning, it snowed about 1 inch and they closed the schools, businesses and even the post office. I laughed so hard I almost busted a gut.
:biggrin:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Here in Arab there is about 4-5 inches on the ground and still coming down pretty good. Expecting another couple before it's done.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Almost 10" in Double Springs. There are drifts right at 12" around our place. This pic is the flattest part of my front yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I grew up in northern Illinois and I remember many days having to get on the bus to go to school when there were several feet of snow on the ground. It was no big deal there.
Yup. When we lived in NW Indiana, lots of snow and nary a snow day. But, they always had the snow plows and salt trucks out in force.
Then I remember when I was in the army at Ft. Benning, it snowed about 1 inch and they closed the schools, businesses and even the post office. I laughed so hard I almost busted a gut.
:biggrin:
When stationed in Maryland, I couldn't believe the number of snow days our kids got. Never helped me out though; loved that Essential Personnel designation.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
We were predicted to get up to 5" and alls we got is about an inch of slush. :mad2:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I am happy my folks in Florence got a decent snow, 5 inches. They came up to visit last Thursday and we had 10 inches on the ground, woke up to -18 Friday morning and then say about 8 more inches fall on Saturday. The roads were clear Sunday by mid morning.

P.S. They drove to Nashville and our youngest son drove them to Ohio and back to Nashville.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.