winter weather alert: The Sky is Falling!!!!!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
They're predicting 3"-5" for Charlotte. I'm sure the stores will be wiped out of bread, milk and potato chips.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Well, from those of us who had to sleep in our offices last year, you won't be hearing any "chicken little" critiques.

And in honor of Cuda, I hope everyone feels better about our ability to predict climate decades into the future. :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
not really.

am I the only one that thinks this will be a whole lot of nothing?
well, at least for us southsiders, this is 4 misses in the last two weeks, a big ole nothing burger. school was cancelled again today. that's two days in the past two weeks we've had to keep our daughter home and there was no winter weather where we are.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I live in NW AL and you would have thought the world was coming to an end. I am smoking chicken for a Relay for Life event tomorrow and had to go to the grocery store to get a few more supplies and more chicken. I waited in line for over 30 min, and they had about 8-10 registers open (our town is only about 1,000 people but that is more registers open than your average supercenter haha. But I digress). I guess an 18-24 hour snow event is an excuse to binge grocery shop. Interestingly enough, the most common item I saw purchased was Little Debbie cakes. I guess 2" of snow is justification to eat two boxes of Little Debbies and binge watch a TV series on Netflix tonight. After all, you need to store up carbs in an emergency like this :eek: .

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I live in NW AL and you would have thought the world was coming to an end. I am smoking chicken for a Relay for Life event tomorrow and had to go to the grocery store to get a few more supplies and more chicken. I waited in line for over 30 min, and they had about 8-10 registers open (our town is only about 1,000 people but that is more registers open than your average supercenter haha. But I digress). I guess an 18-24 hour snow event is an excuse to binge grocery shop. Interestingly enough, the most common item I saw purchased was Little Debbie cakes. I guess 2" of snow is justification to eat two boxes of Little Debbies and binge watch a TV series on Netflix tonight. After all, you need to store up carbs in an emergency like this :eek: .
goar's or piggly wiggly

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I was just at Publix getting a prescription filled (I have bronchitis). It is a madhouse right now.
I feel your pain. I'm working off a case of walking pneumonia. Does your chest feel like it's been beaten with a 2x4 from all the coughing yet?

Publix was pretty nuts yesterday. I went into work this morning, and they let us leave at noon because SNOWPOCALYPSE. I was considering hitting Publix for a few things, but as soon as I got outside, I just wanted to get the hell home. Still no ice or snow, but rain had enough to ensure that if the temp drops about 2 more degrees, it's gonna get real ugly.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I feel your pain. I'm working off a case of walking pneumonia. Does your chest feel like it's been beaten with a 2x4 from all the coughing yet?

Publix was pretty nuts yesterday. I went into work this morning, and they let us leave at noon because SNOWPOCALYPSE. I was considering hitting Publix for a few things, but as soon as I got outside, I just wanted to get the hell home. Still no ice or snow, but rain had enough to ensure that if the temp drops about 2 more degrees, it's gonna get real ugly.

yes but the doc gave me some potent cough meds so i can finally get some sleep

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.