The NCAA Strikes Again (ruling regarding Baylor RB - WATCH THE TEASERS!)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: The NCAA Strikes Again

Can we please not have teaser titles....that way if we want to read about a Baylor RB, we can decide on our own?

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery

Can we agree though, that simply crashing on friend's couches is a little crazy to dismiss him over. I know it open's up the door for other "gifts" or charitable contributions, but jeez.

We all know we would feel this way if it were a Bama player.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Can we agree though, that simply crashing on friend's couches is a little crazy to dismiss him over. I know it open's up the door for other "gifts" or charitable contributions, but jeez.

We all know we would feel this way if it were a Bama player.
That is not why he was dismissed. He was crashing on friends' couches before a "close family friend" offered to put him in an apartment instead.

According to Baylor's 247 site, the NCAA and Baylor offered solutions to his housing situation, but he did not want to go with any of those.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

That is not why he was dismissed. He was crashing on friends' couches before a "close family friend" offered to put him in an apartment instead.

According to Baylor's 247 site, the NCAA and Baylor offered solutions to his housing situation, but he did not want to go with any of those.
Thanks for the additional information, noticed the LINK did not divulge this.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Now, Nacita is back tracking and admits he was misleading when he tweeted out his story yesterday. Link

Former Baylor walk-on running back Silas Nacita clarified earlier statements about his eligibility, admitting that he was "misleading" when he described acquaintances who helped him while he was homeless as close family friends.

On Wednesday, Nacita posted a message on Twitter saying that he had been ruled ineligible by the NCAA. But the NCAA later said that it had not ruled him ineligible.

Nacita, who was homeless when he walked on at Baylor in June, said on Thursday that he made a mistake “by disregarding guidance from Baylor compliance” on what benefits he was allowed to accept. He also said that he did not knowingly break rules but that he accepted the repercussions.

“The bottom line is that I broke the rules,” Nacita said in his Twitter post on Thursday. “I should've never accepted the help and I am deeply sorry for my actions. I take full responsibility for my actions."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.